• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
small one is trigger fish. I must admit its too smal to shoot but they are the best tasting fish so far i have eaten, i can not stop myself shooting them at first sight :duh

Murat said:
small one is trigger fish. I must admit its too smal to shoot but they are the best tasting fish so far i have eaten, i can not stop myself shooting them at first sight :duh

I agree - they aren't highly sought after, but they sure are tasty little buggers :p

Here's a trigger I shot a month or so ago - weighed somewhere between 12-14#.
I shot it out of self-defense... it kept charging me when I had a grouper on my waist stringer. :martial Almost took my finger off afterwards. :vangry

Attachments

• dsc01804_std.jpg
    dsc01804_std.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 226
Nice grouper Murat :) Thats a fair size :friday
Fuzz Thats a hell of a Trigger fish too :friday

I never considdered eatting a Trigger, we have Titan's on the west coast, BIG triggers, sometimes up to 20lbs. Hmmmmm....... may have to give it a try :D

Murat
Can you write the story?how did you find and shoot that size, in a rock or somewhere else?, i think it must be strong fish

Fuzz, the triger fish we have here seems different species than over there. Yet not surprised they tasted good. My biggest so far is 3kg that makes roughly 7lbs.I agre wtih you they bite very hard...I kill them as soon as i get my grab on them. 12-14 pound fish are quite capable to take off your finger. They probably most dangerous fish i ever speared.

SEDATE,

Generally i don't write detailed report about cathes, too lazy for it. But since you are interested i will write short story.

This one entered the cave when saw me. I waited couple of minutes to fish calm down in its cave. It was about 18 meters deep. I dived get hold of my torch and be ready for quick shoot if i saw it. The fast and good placed shoot it vital for goruper hunting. I landed 5-6 meter ahead of the cave enerance to not to scare the fish too much. I was surprised that fish was directly looking to me at the entrance of the cave. It was palced just where the cave starts to darken so i was only able to barely see the shadow of its face and two shiny dots. When i extend my gun slowly to take a shoot it retrived to little deeper of its cave and only faded two spot was visible, its eyes... I quickly aimed and send the spear between eyes, spear exit from back near the tail. Even with this kind of shoot they are powerfull enough to mess the things up so i quickly throw away the gun and grab the spear. He continue to battle until i get hold of it from the eyes, as soon as you grab it from eyes with your thump and index finger they become immobile. So i swim up with big smile on my face rofl

Nice story Mate :) but tell me, how did you decide on the title for this thread? ;)

well i put it coz did not want to bother with thread title :duh

May be next time i use some other punctuation marks :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT