• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

6th Submania Cup, Zagreb, Croatia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MP4/4

Feb 9, 2005
:waveSpecial announcement!:wave

This year, on the 13th of November, Zagreb hosts the 6th edition of already traditional Submania Cup. So far this has been a pure AIDA competition, so this year we've spiced it up a bit by organizing parallel AIDA and CMAS competitions(formally) with one,JOINED, ranking! I don't think something as "cunning":t has been done so far(EEC being the closest in idea but with separated rankings). In AIDA part of competition there are DYN/DNF/STA disciplines and CMAS has DYN/STA. The potential competitor can compete in two disciplines(one of which has to be STA) and chooses under which rules he/she will compete(CMAS or AIDA). We have both AIDA and CMAS judges, of course, and the competition has a CMAS WR ranking as some competitors hinted at giving it a try.

The competition will be held at Utrine pool facility with 25/50m pools.

For more details check(scroll down, below the text in Croatian):
Submania - Najava natjecanja: 6. Submania Apnea Cup – Zagreb 2010
(As the news of CMAS part of competition is very fresh, the site still doesn't have much info on that. Competition choice is done at the registrations before the opening ceremony.)

Online registration is available at:
Submania - Submania Cup Registration Form

We would be delighted to see you in Zagreb on this unique competition!:thankyou

Nice deal! I see'Karla sent the announcement to AIDA too - frankly told, it is not yet midnight, and you still had 2-3 hours before the expiry of the 14 days announcement deadline. Did you just chicken out? rofl

Trux, we Croats do everything at the last moment :) i guess most of us involved was tired(worn out) from competition at Tenerife so we postponed everything as long as there was time...

I've just talked to organizers, seems that CMAS and AIDA competitors will do STA by AIDA rules as CMAS hasn't got their rules for static apnea(apparently there's only a draft version that's not yet approved by BoD)which also means that formally static apnea doesn't yet exist as a discipline in CMAS so there's no interference.

No problem, I just meant that you still had some time remaining :)

Otherwise, if it interests you how it works in France - the national CMAS branch (FFESSM) uses rules for STA, DYN, and DNF practically identical to AIDA, and in fact rather different than the rules of CMAS international. Hence running mixed competitions is rather simple here. So if the Croatian CMAS leadership is open to such idea, they can set any rules they want on the national level, and do not need to wait till the central CMAS decides.

BTW, I wonder if CMAS will now finally abolish the rule forbidding participation on non-CMAS competitions. With more common disciplines it would become a more serious problem than it was. However, knowing that the rule was re-voted just 3 years ago, and confirmed by an important majority if CMAS members, I am not sure whether it can be now easily removed.

Congrats to your new CMAS WR, Goran!!! The results are up in the ranking:

APNEA.cz - Ranking

If you have a photo gallery from the competition, I can add a link, or (at Picasa or Flickr galeries) embed it into the result page.

Also congrats to Karla Fabrio for her CMAS World Record of 200m DYN, and to the AIDA national records of Dajana (155m DNF) and Mihaela (5:55 STA) !!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT