• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

7 minutes breathold just 15 days training at sea

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SEDATE

Feb 6, 2005

i gave up breath hold and freediving 2005 due to earn money at work.
Last year i wanted to start by cylcling, i did cancel it, too
12 years.......i did not breath hold and diving..
This summer my vacation was too long, 20 days
i decide to plan to hold or dive
i made a small training plan on a log as below:
20 July ( arrived summer house of my family)
21-22-23-24-25-26 July ( every day 3 hours swimming with fin very slowly as grapping rocks at sea ( 1 km )
27 July rest
28-29-30-31-1-2 ( same as above but 4 hrs a day 1.5 km at sea)
3 aug rest
4-5-6 aug ( same as above but 6 hours 2 km at sea)
7-8 aug rest
9-10 aug breath hold attemp at pool ( at 6:00 pm)
9 aug ( max 5:02 minutes)
10 aug ( max 7 minutes)
Ps: all swimming at sea try to be aquatic, it is not swimming, slow finning resting and finining again it looks like searching octopus close to rocks or between rocks, it is a bit try to be a part of a sea , looks like mind training
the cycle at breath hold ( with no warm up)
#1 3:00 minutes breath hold
#2 4:00miutes breath hold
#3 7:00 minutes breath hold
the most important part is to go into trans-state mode as inhaling 3 breath at first as seen on the movie, do not think anyhing as holding your breath, do not move and keep your position till the end, hopes can help anyone who likes breath hold..
Cheers, sadete

Last edited:
Glad it works out for you like that. But I don't think this is something that will work for anyone just like that. "Relax" and state of mind and all that talk - I'm rather tired of it. I hear it all the time. As if it's some kind of magic formula. A lot of freedivers go over it so lightly. They say: "just relax"! and then they go training very hard. Sigh...

Wise words Jo_d.

Everyone's got their limit, some people can just hold their breath longer than other people.

I don't think swimming about in the sea is good training for dry statics.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT