• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

2bluejay

Dec 26, 2007
Hello from Bristol to all my fellow fishies.

Hi, I guess I've been into apnea since I was a kid in the bath, but I've only just discovered how loved it is and that you can do courses. I hope to do one at Vobster Quay in Somerset next year as it's not far away at all and I can't wait to see what's in me down there!

Last edited:
Reactions: naiad
Hi 2bluejay, welcome aboard. :)
I haven't been to Vobster Quay but I did the course in the SETT, and it was great fun.

oo hello!

I wasn't expecting a reply. I was looking at the SETT course too, definately will check it out sometime. Even though it'll be bloody cold this time of year I think I'll do the course in open water maybe... mind you it would be nice and cosy in that tank probably?? Do you dive around london?

The SETT is nice and warm all year round, I didn't feel cold at all and I usually feel cold almost anywhere.

Not sure when the next course is running, maybe there are no courses at Vobster in the winter.

I do pool training in Richmond pool almost every week. There are some Bristol freedivers here on DB, so maybe there are some pool sessions?

When I first started I was also surprised that freediving is a recognised sport and that there are freedivers in the UK!

Reactions: island_sands
Hi Lucia, who's naiad?
Would be great if there was people meeting up in Bristol but I haven't seen anything, on the net anyway. How do you get in touch with the Bristol members? Do you compete or do you leave your ego behind? Sorry lots of Qs.. I haven't talked to freediver before! :)

Naiad is my user name, Lucia is my real name. :)
More about my user name...
http://forums.deeperblue.net/beach-bar/51341-what-s-behing-your-db-nickname-4.html#post441250
I went to one competition, no intention of winning anything, but a good experience.
I tried to find the Bristol freediving club, but it seems to have disappeared. This thread is 2 years old, but it may be useful...
http://forums.deeperblue.net/saltfree/64300-bristol-pool-sessions.html

I started freediving a few years ago, at first on my own in the pool, before I knew better about safety. Then I found out about the Richmond club, and have been going ever since, as well as some other London clubs at Kentish Town, Crystal Palace and Barbican, but the Richmond one is the only one that is still running.

Good luck with finding somewhere to train. :)

me and my spearo buddies are from bristol and would like to do some pool based training but i cant find anything either! i done a course with saltfree over in chepstow which really good! does anybody know what we have to do to get a pool sesson going?

Cool man, good to meet people in Bristol aswell. I live in totterdown but soon moving to southville. I swim pretty much everyday in the Easton leisure centre. I'm very new to freediving so thinking of doing a course too. There's one in somerset at vobster bay that I was thinking about. Did you do a beginners course with saltfree? How much was it?
It would be great to start a pool session in Bristol if there's not already one but I'm afraid I'm not really in a position to run one!.. unfortunatly

it cost just over £200 but it was worth every penny! i was spearfishing for about a year before the course and was struggling to get down 4 meters so signed up for the * ** aida course and they got me down to 20meters in two days! would like to go back and do some more depth training but i love my spearfishing so any free time i get on weekends ill be using it to floating around in the sea!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT