• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

7mm suit, what's your favorite?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Scuba Jerm

Feb 16, 2006
I just ordered a 7mm Akona suit, I don't want buyers remorse so I'm fishing for what 7mm suit you all like best and why.

Elios.

I've owned a lot of wetsuits, and drysuits, over the years and they make some of the best wetsuits I've ever worn- actually they make THE best wetsuit I've ever worn.

Jon

I'm a big fan of my Picasso's, though the current price for them is making me cringe. Glad I bought 3 when I could.

If you can fit into an Omer, call it a done deal. They're really well built and designed with all the wear points extra tough. The Omers are cut on a slightly different pattern than a Picasso and they don't fit me for squat.

My new Oceanos (DiveSkin) 3 mils are pretty nice, and I have to imagine the 7 mils are as well.

Jon said:
Elios.

I've owned a lot of wetsuits, and drysuits, over the years and they make some of the best wetsuits I've ever worn- actually they make THE best wetsuit I've ever worn.

Jon

I haven't tried them out yet, I'll give them a fair shake.

Icarus pacific wrote:

My new Oceanos (DiveSkin) 3 mils are pretty nice, and I have to imagine the 7 mils are as well.

Diveskin makes 7mm wetsuit, but not in open-cell.

Same for me!

I'm sold to diveskin, but in 7mm, I really need it open-cell...cause I live in Montreal, and Québec is not a state, it's winter!!!

i own among others the mares isotherm 6.5 mm with dry suit zip and internal t shirt , thats what i like better , but , its all about "taste " you know :)

New 7mm Ellios camo heiwa medium open interior: 2 hours today in 4C-9C, came out still warm! And I get cold very easily.
Erik Y.

I dive one of the Cressi 7mm Semistagna suits I purchased from DiveINN 3 years ago - nice compromise between full dry suit and wetsuit. Similar concept as the Mares Isotherm. Sold my drysuit because of this suit.

Happy with my mares isotherm 6.5mm semidry. The hood seals nicely to the neck opening and I only get a little damp on forearms and calves. Don't forget to burp it before you descend.

Hi All

Never had a 7mm, always had a 5mm and a 3mm shorty. As far as my wetsuits go I buy off the peg "Typhoon". Both my 5mm (full) and 3mm (shorty) are Typhoon "Riot". They are the most comfortable make I have ever worn. I guess it depends on your own size and shape as to what fits best from off the peg suits.

Thats my two pennith!

Adam
PADI AOWD

bgi said:
Happy with my mares isotherm 6.5mm semidry. The hood seals nicely to the neck opening and I only get a little damp on forearms and calves. Don't forget to burp it before you descend.

Sorry for the newbie question, but I actually just bought this suit and was wondering if you could elaborate more. I understand the concept of getting out the extra air but is there a way to do with without letting in a bunch of water? I haven't dove the suit yet...just looking for info.

Thanks
Alex

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT