• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

90cm range and power

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BladeRunner

Mud Puddle Diver
May 20, 2002
can someone give me an estimate of the range and power that a 90cm euro with 16mm bands would have. Thanks for your help

BladeRunner OUT

Last edited:
BLADE! Where ya been man? How is that skeleton gun workng out for you?

If it has 7mm shaft or thinner and single Hawaiian flopper. I say 1.5 - 2 meters max to hit effectively a 5 kg snapper at mid body, not gills. Distance is from ur gun muzzle.

Hi Blade,
I've got a esclapez 90cm Concept Pro but w/ 20mm bands and the 6.75mm riffe/omer shaft. I'm guessing 3x the shaft length from the muzzle for adequate penatration. If you're using a 6.5mm shaft probably close to the same range. You should ck/out the 18mm powerbands from omer or even the 20's and the 6.75 shaft is really nice.
Jay

Hey Rig It's great I love it, I added some 20's on it though, that took some getting use to pulling back on those big boys on a 100cm gun. I'm still trying to get to the high power second notch on the shaft. I now know that 100cm is alittle over kill in a large lake with high summer boat trffic. The viz is not all that great for using long gun but in the winter the lake is dead so I can get plenty of use with it.

I want to get a 90 cm gun to use in limited viz I'm diving in now. I thought about getting another skeleton gun but thought about getting something else so I'm not limiting myself with
gun choice. I'm sticking with Euro style gun I just like the feel of the gun.

I did use my 100cm on spur of the moment dive when I was seakayaking near St. joseph Pen. and I had some GPS cords of some old barges with concrete pilings. I did get pretty big grouper that I ambushed outside a large rust hole. He swam out right into a perfect shot but my heart started to pound so hard I could feel my O2 level getting in the red really fast. What can I say it was my first ocean spearfishing venture and it was the biggest fish I've ever speared so far to. He almost pulled me back in the holewith him before I get a hold of him and finish him off with my knife. I left the grouper and the gun on the bottom and went back for some air. After recovering the gun and packing up the fish I spent the rest of the time diving and scouting the area around the barge and other dumped material for future trips.
The dive was great and it just reforces my drive to get really into Freediving and Spearfishing

BladeRunner OUT

Congrads Blade! You havent missed anything here lately...been 15'+ offshore for the last 3 weekends and we have a Hurricane a brewin' for early next week! Shooting in a local tourney this Sat +(weather permitting) and have some good rigs scouted out. Anyway glad to hear youre doing well and still at it in that lake!
Mike

Rig did Anderson get a chance to go spearfishing wih you yet? I know he was interest while back, I just want to see how that panned out?

BladeRunner OUT

Not yet...he's not missing much right now though...like I said, the tropics are really acting up right now! I found the perfect rig for you to start on though...it's in 70' of water and loaded with big snapper. We have dubbed it "The Aquarium"!

Captain,

I have to SUE you for making me drool over the AQUARIUM:p :p :p :p

This year I see the worst long term visibility in my area. Is Amargedon coming ?

OH YEAH RIG, now your talken

Your going to make risk losing my my job if you keep telling me stuff like that Rig! Ha Ha

I'm sensing a death in the family but I just can't do that, it's not right. LOL

:D

BLadeRunner OUT Crying as he goes : )

Lets all hope its still the Aquarium after Isadore is said and done:( :( :( So IYA, dont be jelous just yet...Isadore has just become a hurricane officially and will enter the Gulf of Mexico on Sat. morning...after that its anybodys guess but from the info I have we have already begun to take steps in order to evacuate our boats so....

Reactions: BladeRunner
Now you can SUE me, we don't have hurricane here. 30 knots wind is about max.:D :D . 8 degrees sout and north of the equator is a very safe zone. Gee, make sure those nice boats u mentioned is kept away safe..........

Originally posted by BladeRunner
I'm sticking with Euro style gun I just like the feel of the gun.

The dive was great and it just reforces my drive to get really into Freediving and Spearfishing

BladeRunner OUT

gonna limit yourself with a euro :girlie gun eh? :hmm

:D

and congrats and welcome to the fold.:cool: Those 18mm bands will work wonders for you though. a 75 cm gun will be all you ever want in those Summer waters.

euros...:head

sven

Girlie guns, huh

Watch it mister, don't make me come out there and defend:martial my:girlie guns honor. Thats like talking about my sister(if I had one). Seriously though the 75 will work well, I use mine on the jetty with limited vis and it works great and has plenty of power.
Jay

Hey, I almost went with a :girlie gun! Then somebody said I had to pull the bands back on my JBL... Haven't looked back since. :t

You can show me allll about 'em at KK03. I've never been big on traveling into other's turf :blackeye

sven

kk03

Hey guys where can I get info on this kk03 you guys are going on about, it's getting my interest and what level spearo do you have to be in such an invent?

BladeRunner OUT

Go to the member's directory, click on Andersn's name and you'll get his e and DB-PM addresses.

sven

With my 86 cm OMER wýth reel and 20mm blak energy bands attached to the second notch.I can get 2.2--2.5m range from the tip of the the spear.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT