• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

90cm roller

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

diver278

Mar 11, 2012
I put a Pathos roller kit on my 90cm gun. But the muzzle is lower than the shaft guide. So any ideas on how to build it up so shaft will be the same level so shaft doesn’t bow when line is put over shaft.

Attachments

• 0AB2574B-421C-491C-AA62-A8D78777ADE6.jpeg
    0AB2574B-421C-491C-AA62-A8D78777ADE6.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 169
  • 05BD6C87-F171-4106-8E59-B97AF9E1DA51.jpeg
    05BD6C87-F171-4106-8E59-B97AF9E1DA51.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 208C2327-8667-4C35-BDB8-60B0EFAF039C.jpeg
    208C2327-8667-4C35-BDB8-60B0EFAF039C.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 2D5157E6-7A9D-4102-81E4-8D4EEAF67609.jpeg
    2D5157E6-7A9D-4102-81E4-8D4EEAF67609.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 162
I put a Pathos roller kit on my 90cm gun. But the muzzle is lower than the shaft guide. So any ideas on how to build it up so shaft will be the same level so shaft doesn’t bow when line is put over shaft.

I had the reverse with my rob allens & mannysub muzzle. The mannysub track sat higher than pipe rail by about 2mm so I took a circular file and filed the muzzle level with the rail. In your case maybe you can try some epoxy to fill the small gap in the muzzle and then file it down bit by bit until it is somewhat level. I’m not sure if this will work but this is what I would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mariusshobo
I had the reverse with my rob allens & mannysub muzzle. The mannysub track sat higher than pipe rail by about 2mm so I took a circular file and filed the muzzle level with the rail. In your case maybe you can try some epoxy to fill the small gap in the muzzle and then file it down bit by bit until it is somewhat level. I’m not sure if this will work but this is what I would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I was thinking about that also or epoxy a piece in there and then file it down. Now to find epoxy here in the Philippines at local stores. I found hot glue but not sure that will work. Thanks for the input.

Ok back to the drawing board. The hot glue didn’t work it was to rubbery and would slow the shaft down on the way out. Did find epoxy at a hardware store will try again and see what happens. Going to try and place shaft on top right before the epoxy hardens and press it down firmly to make the u shape so I don’t have to file so much. It worked on the hot glue so we’ll see if it works again with the epoxy.

You can use epoxy putty, like this one:
https://www.dedeman.ro/ro/chit-bico...lina-10-minute-verde-masliniu-70-ml/p/5004509
Is is bi component, you mix it with fingers (use some gloves for this) and it is rock solid in 10 minutes. It can be filed, drilled ...
Be sure that the surface to be rough, so the putty will stick on well.

Here is a picture with an close muzzel converted into a open one using epoxy putty.
epoxi putty.jpg

Good luck!

You can use epoxy putty, like this one:
https://www.dedeman.ro/ro/chit-bico...lina-10-minute-verde-masliniu-70-ml/p/5004509
Is is bi component, you mix it with fingers (use some gloves for this) and it is rock solid in 10 minutes. It can be filed, drilled ...
Be sure that the surface to be rough, so the putty will stick on well.

Here is a picture with an close muzzel converted into a open one using epoxy putty.
View attachment 52069
Good luck!
Thanks for the feed back and the tip. I’m in the Philippines right now till July and material like that is not available here at the local stores. I used some epoxy I got and it looks like it will work. Right before setting up I put shaft in and pressed down to make the track so as to not have to file so much. So far so good we’ll see when it’s all set up how it will work. Hope to try it tomorrow should be ready I hope.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT