• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

A fine civilization us humans have built...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepThought

Freediving Sloth
Sep 8, 2002
Talked yesterday with my buddy (Greg, AKA 'Frox' on DB) about the possibility of diving today because forcast showed strong eastern winds, and since our coast is facing west it falttens the sea most of the times.
Flat sea means it's much easier to get further (=deeper, because it's rather shallow here), and maybe even better than the usual crappy viz. Finally! after waiting for some weeks and being dry for almost 2 months - a potential diving day!

Greg woke me up at 10:30am, after he has passed near the sea: "winds are quite strong, but the sea is flat".
I called Said (Freediver81) to ask him to join, but he didn't asnwer.

About an hour+ later, which included fighting traffic on what has become a hot smoggy day I picked him up and we even found a lucky parking spot. Greg noticed that there weren't as many people on the beach as one would expect for that kind of weather. Going down the stairs towards the beach we saw the sign: BATHING IS FORBIDDEN DUE TO POLLUTION!
Then I recalled reading in the newspapers that there was a day about a week ago when they let some sewage out to the sea "accidentaly".

Before even starting contemplating on the nature of the hazards Greg told me that there's no chance he is going in (can't blame him).

When I got home a friend told me that they poured sewage for 3 continous days this week as well.
Another friend told me that people she knew came back from a cruise and told her that there was shit floating everywhere.

Anybody wanna eat some fish?

Last edited:
Well, if it makes you feel any better we get that sort of thing periodically in SoCal, too. Cheap b*****ds don't want to pay taxes to keep up the sewage treatment plants then wonder why they break down.

Hello Michael!

I heard your message when I woke up and I tried to reach you so I could tell you not to bother going to dive because of the pollution but I didn't catch you in time! Sorry!!

Said :)

p.s. instead of just being frustrated just join Zalul (A non profit organisation for the protection of the Sea) and come and demonstrate!!!

Oldsarge said:
Cheap b*****ds don't want to pay taxes to keep up the sewage treatment plants then wonder why they break down.
Municipal taxes pays most of that and I don't think it's that common to evade those here. Tel-Aviv city hall has enough money, the problem is that this plant treats 14 cities of which only 3-4 has a coastal area, so the rest don't wanna fund the ranovations of the plant and ducts etc.
Our city hall has already started suing the company that manages all of that about half a year ago.

Said: Already did, also signed the petitions and sent to friends.

DeepThought said:
When I got home a friend told me that they poured sewage for 3 continous days this week as well.
Another friend told me that people she knew came back from a cruise and told her that there was shit floating everywhere.

Anybody wanna eat some fish?

:yack :yack

I think i'll be eating steak for a while.... ugh!

island_sands said:
:yack :yack

I think i'll be eating steak for a while.... ugh!

Want some Mad Cow to go with your steak? ;)

:hmm no? OK.... how 'bout some Scrappie with your lambchop?

That don't work either........

Trichinosis with your pork? :p

Ah he|| we are all gonna STARVE! :head

I know! DRINK MORE BEER! :friday

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT