• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

A new gun based on the "Mirage" secondary pumping barrel system

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The rear handle from the new "Cyrano 1.3" should make a "Mirage Evo" a more likely proposition as it is essentially the "Mirage Evo" rear handle now converted to use the 13 mm ID inner barrel. The image here is of the "Cyrano 1.1 HFT", but the "Cyrano 1.3" rear handle is identical, however it uses a cylindrical tank of 40 mm OD with its 13 mm ID inner barrel tube, not the hydro-formed tank tube seen here.
Cyrano Evo 1.1 HFT R.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe something like this, but some other colour instead of the light blue, such as purple or lime green or dark navy blue. Red may be historically appropriate, but goes black at depth very quickly.
cyrano 1.3.jpg

It may be possible to 3D print the revised parts such as the bulkhead and the muzzle which are much simpler than the rear handle with the regulator shaft gate, trigger transmission pin housing, etc. as internal pressure has to be resisted there by a much more complicated structure.

i am wondering if anyone has purchased a Cyrano 1.3 as just searching for info on the Web I found not much more than adverts for that gun.

It may be possible to 3D print the revised parts such as the bulkhead and the muzzle which are much simpler than the rear handle with the regulator shaft gate, trigger transmission pin housing, etc. as internal pressure has to be resisted there by a much more complicated structure.

Yep, stay tuned. It's one of my ongoing projects;-)
So far the issue is there's not really room enough for standard Mirage barrels as the Evo shooting barrel sits lower in the gun than the Mirage one does.
More on this later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i am wondering if anyone has purchased a Cyrano 1.3 as just searching for info on the Web I found not much more than adverts for that gun.

This thread and idea of yours - and my persistent Mirage obsession - led me to want to see if it could be done so I bought an Evo 1.3 handle and bulkhead.
I don't have a 1st gen Evo so can't really tell what's been changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT