• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

A Shark Story

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Donmoore,
Been there, done that. That is typical behaviour for a bull shark, especially the smaller ones in the six foot range. I've shot two bull sharks in the same, almost exact scenario. Once, while tank diving, a bull bit off the end of my fin. I was carrying fish on a belt stringer. However, they will harrass free divers even those who do not have fish on board. Their behaviour is very similar to the tiger shark. Hawaian free divers who go off the Sandy Beach near Oahu know about this. I mention it because of the post made on this thread from an island diver. The Hawaians trail their catch on the lifeguard can attached to their float line. Even so, in the 1987, one of my buds had to jam a gun in the mouth of a tiger. It is now a badly scarred wall hanger. The diver got away unscathed.

Congratulations! That counts as an important part of your learning experience.

Originally posted by donmoore
"As far as we know he never turned around and is probably somewhere over on the East side of the Atlantic by now!"

Oh that's great Don' send him packing straight over here:)

That will give me something to think about tomorrow while im
spearing.
Aj

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT