• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

A static comp in one month...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Icecool82

Aug 1, 2014
Hello everyone

I have a comp in one month time(my first in CMAS) but i've already done one in AIDA with a 5'07" (my wet PB is 5'27" ).
I like a lot doing my O2 tables and i've started doing it just one week ago. I've read a lot about apnea since my last comp in Manchester and what i've noticed is an increase in the quality of my holds (i used to move a lots around 3" but now seems that my brain knows how to accept contractions and i don't move anymore plus i do relax a lot more). Listen to my body is one of the exercices i've done a lot recently.
I've adapted the training progression table from freediveuk (the one that says 5 minutes in one month) but instead of increasing the time i do count the number of contractions.

So the table looks like this(dry "bed" training :) )

breath 2"00 hold to 10 contractions (they starts around 2"-2"10' and normally the first cycle stops at 3")
breath 2"00 hold to 20 contractions
breath 2"00 hold to 30 contractions
breath 2"00 hold to 40 contractions
breath 2"00 hold to 50 contractions
breath 2"00 hold to 60 contractions

No glossopharyngeal breathing and no hyperventilation just proper breathing up.
It is not taxing at all(maybe because i focus on counting the contractions) and with my greatest surprise i've got to 6"25' on the last hold with no effort and no signs of hypoxia at all(and with the stomach half full).

I have the plan to follow this table(3 times a week for 4 weeks) and see what the results are. What do you think guys?

I think if you find it easy to do 6"25' then you might win your competition.

I don't do static but last time someone had me tried hypervent 1 min following by normal breathing I got the same time as yours. I'm pretty convinced that it helps

I did 6:44 whitecard at my first ever pool comp 4 years ago, which was also my first ever wet max static. 6:25 is very good... my advice would be to not change up your routine or breathe up despite what any well intentioned divers or coaches try to tell you at the comp. Experiment afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: jpp
Very interesting table, it seems to combine the length of the O2 holds with CO2 contraction work. I will try this.

Reactions: jpp
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT