• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AB Biller Fins?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pezman

We pee deep. Ew!
Sep 24, 2002
LeisurePro has AB Biller fins on clearance. Does anyone know:
  • whether these are worth owning
  • whether the footpockets are removable
  • if the footpockets are removable, are they similar to the O.ME.R or Sporasub pockets (i.e. will they fit fins that are designed to be used w/ the OMER or sporasub pockets).
Thanks

clearence

I looked at a pair at a LDS and the blades are removable.They have two scews in the back like sporas but I don't know if they're
interchangeble.The sporas I have are open heel I want to get a pair of close heels to try .How should I measure my foot to get the
right size?Should I put my booties on and measure my foot ? I wear booties and not socks so i'm not sure what I need to do to get a good fitting pair .I think I'll bring my booties to that shop and try them on ,the bad thing is they have only one pair to try

Thanks AJ.

I just looked at the price of those AB Biller fins at leisure pro and they are $99 dollars . I'd hate to see what the full price was,
not worth $99 dollars.

Last edited:
ab biller fins

I have a pair of the ab biller fins. I have had them for about 6 years. They are not the best fin but very durable they have just developed a small rip in the toe pocket of the fin ( strange location) these fins don't owe me a thing. In comparison I purchased a pair of sporasub fins and the first time wearing them I put my finger through the heel of the foot pocket.

just my two cents

Reactions: Pezman
Pez,

Finallly got to a dive shop for info, sorry this took so long. Dodging hurricanes is a pain.

The Biller fins have been discontinued, local stock was actually removed from the stores, the employes don't know why. Some divers around here will be looking for a source of spare parts.

The blades are removable, but definately not interchangable with sporas and omers,. Maybe you could make them fit, but not easily.

My impression of the ones they sold around here is a stiff durable plastic fin that tank divers liked, but which would not be very impressive to a knowledgeable freediver.

Connor

Reactions: Pezman
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT