• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

about to buy new shaft...have questions...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

LaJollaFreedvr

Aug 10, 2002
well finally getting around to buying a shaft for my sporasub viper 130 cause im going to cabo san lucas in 2 and a half weeks and cant put it off any longer....:D

basically i want to get a sharkfin tab (ala riffe) euro shaft cause im swapping out those horribly dangerous articulated wishbones for dyneema or kevlar (which should i use btw?)

im looking at spearfishinggear.com
anyone have experience buying from here? fast shipping? i looked at bluewaterhunter in HI but theyre more expensive...i want the thickest euro shaft that will fit in a sporasub for the cheapest price (hey...who doesnt?)

in the shafts section at spearfishinggear.com theres these Technosport shafts for pretty cheap...are these notched or tabbed? and does riffe make 7mm euroshafts?

Spearfishinggear is a good place to do business with. I had a problem with my order & they were very gracious in helping me work things out. Great customer service.

The Technosport Euroshafts are nice and should work well in your gun. They have two sizes - the 17/64" & 9/32"(basically 6.75 & 7.1mm) for your gun.
More Info Here

I don't believe Riffe makes a 7.1mm shaft - I haven't seen any other than their 6.75 model. I like the Riffes, but if you want a 7mm, go with the Technosport shafts. They're great quality & a better price.

those horribly dangerous articulated wishbones

Did I miss something here? I have been useing linked wishbones for years and love them. never had any issues with them breaking :confused:

Hiya

Not necesarilly breaking, but if it slips out of the notch (due to bad loading tecnique on my behalf :eek: ) they can take your finger off. I've also bent my picasso's articulated wishbone twice now (this is on my 1.1m). The dyneema is also easier to grip when you're loading a long gun.

LaJollaFreedvr, i've got a 6.75mm sahft with sharkfins on from Tecnosport. Just make sure that you polish the notches anyway, because the sharp edges will cut your dyneema in no time. Alternatively, you could just polish your current shaft's notches and use it with a dyneema wishbone.

Regards
miles

spearfishinggear is a great place to do business with. the have realiable shipping and great customer service. i highly recomend it.

technosub shafts are looking great but arent these for OMER guns? my understanding was that OMER and RA use different shafts than other Euro guns like my sporasub, and cressi/picasso/beauchat/etc ...any info? other than that, i think im gonna pick some of these up if theyll work! thanks bunches guys

These will work fine. All Euro & SA guns have the characteristic rounded notches on the shafts. RA shafts sometimes don't fit mech's because the clearance required is more than some trigger housings are designed for; however, these technosub shafts should fit your sporasub without any problems.

The TechnoSport Euro shafts are a semi circle notch type and should fire in all the above mentioned Euro spearguns.

Miles is right about the Techno sharkfin if you want the increased strength of the fin tab with a cord style wishbone you will have to file the tab edges to keep them from cutting the wishbone. However, if you are using this shaft with a metal wishbone, it's fine as is.

I have also used a Riffe Euro Sharkfin Tab with a articulated wishbone and found on some that it would slip off with it's more polished rounded edges (note: better suited for cord style wishbones).

Spearfishinggear is on my way to the beach. Matt and the Southern Sea Witch are good people and great to do business with. I got the Riffe euroshaft from Technosport for my son's OMER MB 30/86 some time ago and we are quite pleased with it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT