• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Absolute best carbon fins?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

hunterisawesome

Apr 25, 2015
I've been looking to buy some carbon fins. I don't want to buy something that is likely to break. I've been thinking of Moana Watermans, Deep apneas, Mako carbons, or one of the C4 fins. I've been leaning toward the Moanas because I watched them be stabbed and they don't seem to buckle, but my opinion could be easily swayed with personal use. What would be my best bet? I do spearfish as well.

If $$$ is no object... Look towards Greece... Some really nice stuff coming from there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been looking to buy some carbon fins. I don't want to buy something that is likely to break. I've been thinking of Moana Watermans, Deep apneas, Mako carbons, or one of the C4 fins. I've been leaning toward the Moanas because I watched them be stabbed and they don't seem to buckle, but my opinion could be easily swayed with personal use. What would be my best bet? I do spearfish as well.

Any particular reason you want carbon fiber (instead of fiber glass)? From what I understand the performance difference between carbon fiber and fiber glass is rather negligible, but the fiber glass fins are nearly industructable. I was going to get carbon fiber myself years ago, but after hearing how fragile they are, went for fiberglass and I LOVE them. Without having tried them, I don't really see how carbon fiber could really be much better especially given the durability trade off.

I use the Fins4u.com Pure Carbon fins in Pathos foot pockets and they seem damn solid so far. I've beat on them for a year+ without issue.

They've been all over and I do take care of them... But that's just so that I don't get cosmetic scratches. :D

I use the Fins4u.com Pure Carbon fins in Pathos foot pockets and they seem damn solid so far. I've beat on them for a year+ without issue.

They've been all over and I do take care of them... But that's just so that I don't get cosmetic scratches. :D

Jusy wanna ask... is the Pure Carbon fins from fins4u.com the same as the Pure Carbons from Leaderfins? And did you put a protective film on them that are being sold as an add-on on Leaderfins?

Reactions: frantzeskos
Not sure if they are the same blade or not. I love the Pathos foot pockets that you can get from Fins4u

I do not have a protective film on mine and they are holding up great! I have 2 yrs on mine and they've been all over the world and in all sorts of conditions.

Super happy with them!

Reactions: Doc Bass
I have mediums and they are workhorses! They are a bit stiffer than most mediums which is what I wanted.

Super strong and durable. Some friends recently bought some Trygons fins and while the Trygons are WAY thinner and flexy, they aren't much lighter.

I would worry about durability with the Trygons... But want to try first before I make a final judgement.

I travel with my Pure Evolution carbons and NEED durability. Shore dives, lobstering, reef, deep diving, etc.

They just plain work for me.

the Pure Carbon from Fins4u and the Leaderfin are totally different blades!

the Pure Carbon are awesome!
Kindly clarify... Which Pure Carbon are you referring to sir? The ones from Fins4U or the ones from Leaderfins?

Fins4U Pure Evolution DP to be precise, previously used the carbon Leaderfins, but the Fins4U Pure Evolution are in a different class tbh!

If you are worried about durability in carbon fins, just stick with brands which have good warranties.

Bluetec offers a lifetime warranty against delamination, C4 is I think 2 years. In the early days CF was not as durable but modern blades are nearly indestructible as long as you are not hammering straight into the tip edges.

My last pair of C4's lasted for over a thousand hours of serious deep diving, pool training, and rough entries/exits along our rocky coastline. I wore out one set of footpockets on those blades and was on my second pair. I only went to Bluetec because I lost a fin.

Alemanni supersoft is performing very good compared to everything I have used. It's glassfibre though but if you are gunning for performance, glass or carbon is not what determines performance in my opinion.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT