• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Actual Lengths of Freedive fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jimbodiver

Deeper Blue Enthusiast
Oct 12, 2004
Can anyone point me to a chart (or to specific pieces of information) showing the actual lengths of various freediving fins (blades together with pockets)? I'm writing up a "RoundUp" article on freedive fins for one of the industry pubs and haven't been able to locate length info for many of the fins I'll be covering. For example, I asked for full product details from Omer, and they were very kind to express me a catalog and CD with high-res photos from Italy. However, there are no specifications showing the width or length of any of their fins! Seems odd.

Anyway, I'm looking for this info for the following brands/makes:

- Omer (Milenium, Bat series)
- Cressi-sub (Gara 2000, 3000)
- Sporasub (H Dessault, etc)
- Picasso (Black team, Start, etc)
- C4 Falcon series (all assuming they are fitted into Omer or similar pockets)
- Beuchat
- Seac Sub (Genesis, X Pro)

Thanks in advance for any pointers to the data I need.

There are some information at the DB store. Click one by one, and you will find info about the length of most of them

My cressi-sub gara's measure 33" footpocket and blade.
My beuchat evolutions measure 32 1/2" footpocket and blade. That's an old fin though. I don't think they even make it anymore.
Later,
Stitch

Reactions: jimbodiver
Omer millenium blades (plastic)

Width 22.3cm.
How do you want me to measure the length? with the footpocket? just the blade? blade from footpocket? (top or bottom?) the straight part only? :)
The blade itself outside of the footpocket is 74cm tall if leaned on something, but the end of it is bent.

Hi guys....thanks for the info thus far. To clarify, I'm looking for the length of the entire fin assembly (blade and foot pocket assembled together). If anyone also has length measurement of the blade itself, separately, that's great....I'll take that as well.

In terms of how to measure, I use a tape measure, which allows me to get a more accurate reading than standing the fin up against a wall and using a rigid measuring stick.

It's amazing how many makers don't provide these specs for their fins, nor the blade width, nor even the weight of the fins. For this review the data I seem to be most lacking right now is length of these various fins.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
wouldnt the foot pocket size make a big difference though? I would think that a 38-40 omer foot pocket would make for a smaller overall fin length then a size 46-48 foot pocket

Yes Quas -- I agree...the actual foot-poket size would make a small difference...and actually, that's okay for my purposes. I just wanted to compare overall lengths. If I could get blade lengths AND the average length of foot pocket for each OEM vendor, that would be awesome. All of that would probably be overkill for this GeaR Round-Up article, however. They're not giving me enough space to do a detailed comparison chart w/ specs.

Omer millenium blades (plastic)

From heel to blade's tip it's 87.
Foot size:42-44
Width 22.3cm.
Blades only (have spare blades) - 74cm in one dimension parallel to the blade (standing) or 74.5~cm from tip to tip.

Tell me if that won't do.

GARA 3000

Size Length Width Heigth Length blade Weigth single fin
40/41 87.5 cm 21 cm 7.5 cm 61 cm 930 g
42/43 88.5 cm 21 cm 8.5 cm 62 cm 975 g
44/45 91 cm 21.5 cm 9.5 cm 63 cm 1070 g
46/47 92.5 cm 21.5 cm 9.5 cm 63.5 cm 1160 g

GARA 2000

Size Lenhtg Width Heigth Length blade Weigth single fin
40/41 84 cm 21.5 cm 8 cm 58 cm 795 g
42/43 85.5 cm 21.5 cm 9 cm 58.5 cm 890 g
44/45 87.5 cm 22 cm 9.5 cm 59 cm 970 g
46/47 89.5 cm 22.5 cm 9.5 cm 59 cm 1025 g

sorry, I was not able to post a table here

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT