• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Advanced wetsuit question ;)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

3joern

Oct 21, 2015
Ahoi,
I've the cressi Apnea 5mm for about 4 Years and it's a great wetsuit for my deep training in the Lake (in the Sommer around 23-24°C, after 12m about 12-14°C and on 40m 9°C).

I'm starting to think I need something better. The suit is actually very flexible, but I have the feeling that I can't fully inhale and I can't feel the pressure properly in the depth and so I can't consciously relax my stomach and chest.
Many of my dive mates have Polo Sub open cell in and out, but in the last 3 week 2 of them have a large crack. My cressi is extrem robust with nylon fiber on the outside and open cell on the inside and I really really need a warm wetsuit (I'am a nesh :coldfeet:).

Have you guys any Idea what is a good choice that is super flexible, resistant and extraordinary warm? I think about 3,5mm but I'am afraid that I'm freezing my ass off.

Last edited:
Hey,
thank's, looks interesting and next week I go to US–MA (from germany -> shipping problem) for two weeks, so really not bad. how long does the shipping take to MA? I'am just not sure because the size. The M looks perfekt, but can't find exact measurements for the belly and chest (broad back, very thin on belly).

has anyone from the forum here experience with this Mako wetsuite?

A smoothskin wetsuit is easily repairable. It takes minutes and you don't need any special skills. Just put glue to both parts, wait 10 minutes and press together. Be careful because once you glue it, it can't be repositioned.
Nothing beats their flexibility, but you can get the "best of both worlds" using a "sandwich" neoprene. Polosub calls it "Forza Tre". Other manufacturers also have it, Elios Sub does.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT