• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

ADVICE FOR 25 feet!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Em.G

Dec 31, 2020
Hello all! I wouldn’t consider this freediving per say, and compares to nothing that you guys do but I figured y’all would be best to get advice from! I have a swim test coming up and one of the portions of the swim test is a surface dive down 25 feet to retrieve a weight.
I am a good swimmer and my previous test was 15 feet but I struggled a bit with that depth and taking the few extra seconds to equalize so I’m looking for the best advice to accomplish this portion of my swim test. Obviously this is meant to be a quick swim down, retrieve, and come back up exercise which is why I wouldn’t consider it free driving ... but help, underwater experts pleasssee!

EM, 25 ft is no small feat, many never go much below 10 feet with not knowing about or difficulties with equalizing. Perhaps with some practice you will find going 25ft very easy as it is not very demanding for breath hold time. My suggestion would to learn the Frenzel technique for equalizing and the Dynamic No Fins (DNF) swimming technique. Will you be using a face mask, nose clip, fins or just swim goggles? Practicing DNF in a pool will help with reducing nervousness and improve underwater efficiency, Frenzel technique can easily be practiced in and out of the water.

Reactions: Em.G
EM, 25 ft is no small feat, many never go much below 10 feet with not knowing about or difficulties with equalizing. Perhaps with some practice you will find going 25ft very easy as it is not very demanding for breath hold time. My suggestion would to learn the Frenzel technique for equalizing and the Dynamic No Fins (DNF) swimming technique. Will you be using a face mask, nose clip, fins or just swim goggles? Practicing DNF in a pool will help with reducing nervousness and improve underwater efficiency, Frenzel technique can easily be practiced in and out of the water.
Thank you for the advice I will look into those! No equipment. So no goggles or fins just me and my swimsuit in 56 degree water ‍♀️

I was suspecting no equipment, if you like the breaststroke and kick technique then watching some Constant weight No Fins (CNF) videos may be helpful as it is the diving method similar to DNF also done without equipment, but is not easy. If you have specific questions about the technique just ask,good luck with your practice.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT