• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Advice Needed for Beginner on Wetsuit Specifically Rob Allen thinskin 2mm Dual Camo.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BonoApnea1986

Jan 10, 2015
Hey All

So i have searched the net for two days and well probably not finding what I’m looking for as I’m a beginner and not typing in the correct things.

I am heading to Egypt soon to do a few dive courses and the school I’m doing it with recommended i find a wetsuit here in Aus as they have some cheap good quality spearsuits. They recommended a 3mm open cell inner and nylon outer. But i am thinking i may get really hot in this as i only wear a 3mm shorty in winter when i surf here, fair enough I’m exercising but the water temp is vastly different too. I have been looking at the Rob Allen 2mm dual camo. Any one have any opinions on this suit? if i don’t hear good reviews i was looking at the salvimar?

Also open to suggestions as I’m a newbie to free diving.
Thanks

Freediving is different than surfing or even Spearfishing as our sport is for lazy people that don't move and don't raise their heart rates. ;)

As a result, we get colder easier.

If you are too warm, you can either let some water in or just wear the top.

Any 3m suit will work as long as it is not 2 sizes 2 big or 2 sizes 2 small! You will get hot put some water in the suit to cool also helps flush the concentrated urine. Just not a scuba suit they suck also a hood is great protection from sun. Remember lots of people go Gaga over equipment and they are not performing any better. Remember to have fun with these classes!!

Reactions: BonoApnea1986
Well saturday I was Spearfishing in my Rob Allen 2mm duel camo in 57 deg water, with the air temp at 58 and the wind blowing 10 to 15 knots from 8am in the morning till dark and I was fine, a little chilly but fine. It's all about your tolerance I wear my 2mm in everything from 75deg water to 55deg. The open cell is the big kicker! Makes it feel way warmer!

Here is my trip report;
http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=180095

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT