• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Advice on Diving Watch wrist circumference

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Homerkp

Sep 21, 2018
I was interested in the Omer Mistral, but a friend showed me the Salvimar One, which he said was practically identical to the Seac Partner. Deeper Blue's own review of the Salvimar though says that it could be a tight squeeze over a 7mm suit. I looked online and found it has a 25cm circumference. Problem is, I can't find the circumferences of the other watches to compare. It's an issue because I currently have two suits, a 3mm for the summer, and a 7mm for the winter (which I use from later November till May).

I measured my left wrist and it's a slender 18cm, so if I find the other watches are the same I'll just risk it since my small wrist my cancel out the 7mm suit.

While we're at it, can anyone compare the Salvimar to the Omer Mistral? I'm afraid the Salvimar only registers depth after 1.2 meters while I think the Mistral is immediate.

However I still can't find any information on circumference. As the article saying the Salvimar circumference was tight on a 7mm wet suit was posted on this website by a certain Steve Millard I was hoping I would be able to follow up. I didn't find a user by that name however to contact.

Perhaps I should post in spear diving equipment? I'm a spear fisherman but I figured there would be more people viewing the free diving equipment section.

Omer Mistral has magnetic buttons identical to the Omer Omr-1. They are rusted out after 60 salt-water dives and do not register the push. My watch was washed in fresh water after each dive. Maybe I got unlucky but it is something to keep in mind. As far as the length of the band - just buy or build an extension. Affix a silicon strip with two stainless rivets.

Idk but I like the Seac watches for the price point. I have the driver it’s been performing like a champ at a super good price

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT