• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AFC Deep Obsession 2011 Highlights

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Phil C

Still Wet Behind The Ears
Nov 12, 2006
Auckland Freediving Club held it's annual pool based competition (The Oceanhunter Deep Obsession) over the weekend.

A full set of results will be appearing on the Auckland Freediving Club website Auckland Freediving Club shortly but here are some of the highlights from the competition:

Kathryn Nevatt DNF:158m (3'20") DYN 184m (3'08")
Guy Brew: DYN 238m (4'19") Comp PB
Phil Clayton: DNF 144m Exhale (2'53") Comp PB, UK Nat record pending.
Tania Wong: DNF 126m (2'39") PB.

There was a well supported recreational grade with a standout among the first timers being Andy with a DNF 93m (1'40") PB.

Phil C
Auckland Freediving Club

It is strange no one comment on this... great results from Kathryn in DNF and Guy in DYN! I see people are slowly getting ready for Lignano ;) And Guy's result is even more awesome when you think it is done in a 25m pool... One question do... why exhale DNF??

Ps. One more, why is there no static result from Guy, I think we are all interested :)

Yes Indeed, great results. I think that people often overlook the competitions postings.

DNF Exhale? Well, lets just say that I like a challenge ; )

As for Guy's static? Maybe he dosen't want to show his cards so close to the worlds......

Phil C

Hey Goran

I was recovering from a cold, and got into Auckland very late the night before the comp, so didn't feel up to doing a static on Saturday. Wasn't being tactical, in fact I really need to do a couple before the WC, think it's been almost a month since my last one... Re the dynamic, I only train in 25m pools, so that's no biggie really.

Phil's exhale DNF's are crazy to watch, hope he will go back to normal now he has improved his UK record.

Kathryn's looking in pretty good shape (as always) for Lignano.

Looking forward to seeing you and some of the others over there in a few weeks time.

Ciao,
Guy

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT