• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Age limits and regulations for diving in Australia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

nemotenerife

Jan 30, 2008
Hello peeps..

I am trying to find the age limit and regs for diving in Australia.

We are due to go visit family and intend to do a spot of diving whilst there.

My daughter is 10 years old and at present a Padi Junior Open Water diver...although by the time we go in June this year,,.....she will be a Padi Junior Advanced Diver. She wil hopefully have many many dives logged as we are a family of divers.

I am not sure of the local restrictions on age. If anyone could help me that would be fantatsic. Baby Nemo will be very pleased if she is able to dive in Australia.

We will be staying in Perth WA.

Many thanks

Mrs Nemo

Hi I emailed a few dive centers in Australia...Perth to be exact. They said they dont teach until they are 12....some places were 14. BUT they did say that if you have been certified with PADI or another recognised organistaion, in another country then you will be able to dive. Of course you must stick to your dive limits depths....

My daughter is now a Junior Advanced Diver and is also insured with DAN....this will be excellent for diving in Australia

Great news for your daughter :)

Im very new to sport and unfortunatley very unfit, so i cant dive 2 far at present :(.
We are hoprfully going to rottnest this weekend in a mates boat to spearfish around the island were we can(should be good)

My daughter and I are new aswell..lol although my husband is a DM and has been diving a while.

I only just noticed that you are in Australia lol....great diving for you..We live in Tenerife and the diving is good here.

We cant wait to get to Australia though in June for 3 weeks to stay with my sister. Should be good...:)

Have fun at Rottnest...I have heard tahts a good dive.:)

Well seeing how you are from tenerife i think i am so JEALOUS right now :)

I hope you enjoy your stay and if u find any good spots feel free to let me know plz :D

As i am new to the sport, everything i see underwater is great

A family of divers, that's nice to hear! My family's a family of divers too. Dad was head of the Navy's special forces unit, ventured into recreational diving, met me mum through that, got married, had 4 of us, and now each one of us dives. I learned when I was 14, older sis learned at 15, younger sis at 13, and littlest brother at 10. Our story infected all me dad's closest friends, and now we're a travelling contingent of 26 divers including 7 kids.

cool...thats excellent. we are waiting for the rest to reach the age they can start...our 5 year old cant wait, he is so excited and snorkles already. The 9 year old may start next year but he is not so interested at present, but we will see.

That sounds great. I hope your 9 yo does develop an interest in the ocean and diving. For me, all I ever wanted to do since I was a kid was to dive and see the ocean. Your 5 yo reminds me of me.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT