• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA Classes?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ramstam

May 9, 2003
I have read everything I can find posted on the AIDA's website and can't figure out how to become an instructor. The requirements seem easy to follow...but where? There doesn't seem to be a place to go to demonstrate what they are asking for. I know if I go to the local spearfishing shop and ask if someone is certified by the AIDA to teach/certify me they will think I'm crazy.

I think my point is that while SCUBA instruction is easy to
find, thanks to PADI and NAUI. It is difficult to find good freediving
instruction.

F.R.E.E. has a nice progression spelled out. If they had courses in the U.S., I'd start taking them in a heartbeat.

Also, PDIC has an apnea certification and a defined set of courses that will get you certified for instruction (and, more importantly, insurance). Since you're a PADI DM, you might be able to get through the PDIC requirements in a reasonable time.

As a PADI DM I can certify skin divers but the class requirements are not very tough. I like the F.R.E.E. thing,
I think I'll think about that a little.

If you ever become a PADI Instructor, you can create a Freedive Specialty Course and have insurance to protect you.
Now, getting people to pay you to make them hold their breath is another thing ;)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

The school in Nice, south of France, called "Cipa" is really good and give AIDA certifications. More info on them at cipa.com.
Delphicly,
Noa

As an AIDA ** Trainer I can teach AIDA *,** and **8 Freediver and * Trainer and offer these programmes in the UK.

I have also had Distinctive Specialtys approved by PADI for Freediver and Advanced Freediver

Speak to your local AIDA representative as maybe similar training exists in your country. If not, tell your local AIDA representative to get off their a**** and sort it out!

We have a pretty good training system in the UK now - thanks to a load of work three of us did last year

Sam

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT