• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA courses in america??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

quasimoto

Oct 27, 2004
hey all,
i was wondering if there are any AIDA courses in america, particularly the west coast? I see lots of clinics in europe and even in australia but am suprised not to see any in america. Is there a reason for this?
ps. Im looking for the freediver courses, as i would one day look to become an aida judge, and the freedive ones are the first step

Your first step would be to join AIDA USA. The you will hear about opportunities in the USA. I believe a Judge in Learning course will be held at the upcoming hawaiian competition. However, I don't think either the competition or the course details have been finalized yet.

<edited to remove inaccurate comment>

Last edited:
After re-reading my post it doesn't seem to be worded clearly. What I meant to say is that while the AIDA freediving course is not available here in North America there definately are pre-requisites and standards that need to be met before you become an AIDA Judge. The best way to find out what those standards are is to contact AIDA USA. Thier website is http://usaa.freedivers.com .

Your best bet is to start by attending an AIDA competition either as a competitor or volunteer. I would also look into Kirk Krack's Performance Freediving course. I found both of those gave me valuable experience.

My apologies for the previous poorly worded post. I did not mean to apply that their are no standards, or that they were circumvented, only that due to the fact that since AIDA freediving courses are not available here other factors may come into play.

sorry JMD I didn't see you already mentioned performance freediving in your post.... anyway, I will put a detailed post about the course when I am through taking it...

Caffrey!

i will see you at the malibu clinic:)
I dont know if you have taken one before, but if you havent, they are freakin awesome!
looking foreward to seeing you there

I hear great things about the PFI courses. Can't wait for the July course in Miami!

the water's gonna be waarrrm.

At least at the top.

quasimoto- awesome, that should be a great experience and no I have never been to one.

sinkweight- have fun in miami!

Reactions: sinkweight
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT