• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Course AIDA Freediving courses in Phuket, Thailand - All levels but Deep Tank :-)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sanso

Maker of Educators
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Hey all,

We Freedive (Thailand) are running AIDA freediving courses of all levels - (other than Deep Tank, that is)
  • AIDA *
  • AIDA **
  • AIDA ***
  • AIDA ****
  • AIDA Instructor
  • AIDA Monofin
  • AIDA Competition Freediver
  • AIDA Competition Safety Freediver
We are running courses throughout the year in Phuket, Thailand, which is - by the way - a wonderful place to be. Friendly people, good food and no dead goats outside your door are just some of the great things you will find here.

Come and freedive in the land of smiles! :)

Our resident instructors are

Sarah Whitcher
  • AIDA Master Instructor
  • AIDA Judge
  • Lifeguard Trainer
  • Member of AIDA Education
  • ASA Swimming Instructor
  • ... SSI Freediving Instructor

Richard Wonka
  • AIDA Instructor Trainer
  • AIDA Judge
  • Member of AIDA Education
  • Apnea Academy Instructor
  • ... SSI Freediving Instructor

P.S.: The so-called rainy season is actually a very good time to come here. Over the last one we have had some of the best conditions I have seen here. :)

Hi,

Nice to know. I've only recently entered this great underwater world, but the selection of freediving courses is - to say the least - marginal where I live.

Luckily I'm planning a trip to SE Asia march/april next year, and hopefully I'll be in the vicinity of Phuket at the right time.

If it coincides with my visit, is it possible to take more than one course (like AIDA 1-3) in succession?

Your prices seem nice enough. :)

Hey there,

Yes, it is possible to take courses in succession. At times there might be some additional training required, before any successive courses are completed, but that is not a problem. :)

March/April is a good time. Still high and dry season, but most of the crowds have left again, so you can expect good weather, very decent diving conditions (31°C etc..) and happy locals. :)

Let me know when you'll be around! :wave

That was my main arguments for travelling in March/April. I'm not gonna miss the tourist masses (and I do not plan to travel as one). :)

Could you tell me what price difference there are if one-on-one is possible or the only alternative at the time? Any reduced course time as a side bonus?

I'll be in touch anyway before my little journey. :)

BR

... Could you tell me what price difference there are if one-on-one is possible or the only alternative at the time? Any reduced course time as a side bonus?
If you want a guaranteed one-on-one, just add 50% to the price as it is. If it just turns out to be a one-on-one, because no one else has booked for that date, then no extra charge is added. We encourage luck to do its job. :)

If you do have any more questions, also on equipment, accommodation, transportation, etc.. just give us a shout at askus@wefreedive.org

Hi Sanso,

Do you have an e-mail address for wefreedive? I am going to Phuket soon and would like to contact them by e-mail.

Thank you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT