• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA * Instructor course. 29th & 30th March 2003

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

porky

Phat not fat!
Feb 12, 2002
Ben Gowland has kindly offered to run an AIDA * trainer course. I have organised facilities in Eastbourne, East Sussex (The University of Brighton campus) at a discounted rate. I am informed that this is the first course of its kind in the UK so its all exciting stuff!!

We are only looking to cover costs by running this course, no profit will be made. This is all of Bens travelling costs and the hire of the facilities.

There will be another charge to AIDA for issuing of the qualifications - to get to AIDA* instructor, you also need to fulfil the AIDA ** and *** freediver courses, which Ben has said is managable in the 2 day period, but he wanted to be clear that there should be no 'hidden charges'. If people have no previous AIDA qualifications - then it will cost 60 US dollars.If they have a ** already then it will be 40, and if they have the *** then it will be only 20.

If we can get 15 this should not equate to more than £20 + AIDA cert fees! Very cheap!!!

Ben says that the course will be entirely classroom based on the saturday (9 hours), and both water and land on the sunday (4 + 4 hours). I have 8 names of people interested already. Ben has said that a maximum of 15 can attend the course so let me know if you are interested. I will of course e-mail everyone due to attend with directions of how to get to the venue.

Finally, this course is intended for experienced freedivers and hence will be fairly intensive, involving 3 exams - practical, written and presentation. Attendance does not necessarily mean an automatic 'pass', but Ben is confident that all should pass if they have AIDA **/*** level knowledge and experience already.

I have about 10 people interested already and am treating it as first come first served.

E-mail me on p.mullan@bton.ac.uk if you are interested. Course will be held on 29th & 30th March in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

Correction

This is the second course of its kind in the UK - Fred Buyle conducted an AIDA * instructor course last year, but his will be the first course since the new 2003 rules came in.

This course is for reasonably experienced UK freedivers.

Ben

hi

What cualifies for an experienced freediver?
just asking.

Zipy

Hi there,

Ben has explained this to me as the following:

the course will cover in depth discussions of Physiology, Rescue/safety/first aid procedures; and less so of PerformanceTechniques & physics. Then there will be the exams.

Most freediver courses are performance orientated - this will most definitely not be.

If you have over 1 years expereince and feel you are bright enough to pick the rest up in the lectures then give it a go!! Passing the course obviously relates to examination performance.

Hope this helps

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT