• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Aida Usa Membership

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DSV

Jan 11, 2002
To All:

There has been some interest and question about how people can become members of AIDA USA. You can do so on the AIDA USA web site. www.aidausa.org

The form is on the forms page and is the first from on the list. It looks as if it is a contibution. Seeing it is a non-profit organization it is a contribution instead of a fee.

So those of you who wish to join please do so.

Help support the cause.

DSV

I think it is tremendously important to support the governing organisations - whether it is through courses (IAFD) or membership (AIDA).

I recommend checking out your local organisation's website and joining to help build and promote the sport of Freediving!

Thanks DSV for bringing this to our attention. Let me know if we can be of any more help!

I've been looking into AIDA USA membership, and just downloaded the application form. There's a statement on which I have some questions:

"All members are non-voting supporters of AIDA USA."

1.) If I were to become a member, do I have a say in what happens within the organization, i.e. voting for president, treasurer, etc.? If all members are non-voters, then how does anything get done?

2.) If I am a 'supporter', then what am I supporting? I know that my money goes toward supporting Team USA, promotion of freediving, etc., etc. But as Joe Freediver off the street would ask, "What's in it for me?" (Forgive me if I sounded blunt.)

3.) How is AIDA USA organized? How many members are there? Is this how AIDA in different countries are organized? Are there AIDA bylaws available?

:confused:

I would greatly appreciate any answers from AIDA USA members out there. TIA (Thanks In Advance)

Peter S.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT