• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Air gun easy loader

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
GreekDiver, one has to carry just the gun, not all the staffs. Loading time is less then 1 minute, including mounting the loader on the gun and removing it. The loader is big, I agree - because it was made from wood. If somebody make it from steel it could be match more smaller. This is just the idea how to make it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pastor
No offense but who would carry that thing around in the water?
I know of at least two disabled hunters who would. Not everyone who hunts will ever be be capable of loading a pneumatic even if they do work out. I think tromic's invention gives a choice to those who aren't as able as you and I.

Tromic, I think you have done really, really well and I am impressed that you actually made something - unlike me who has the ideas and then never quite gets to making them - well done.
as pastor said, there will no doubt be number of people that could benefit from using a loader; I am not disabled but I am limited in my ability to do some things (like putting on my socks!) - 2 Titanium rods + bolts in my back give me some restriction in what I can do. I took quite a while to get able to load a rubber band gun, let alone a powered up pneumatic, so i would really welcome a device that makes it easier (because I want to join the dark side :) ). Keep working at it and I'll take the first production model from you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pastor
Tromic, 2 Titanium rods + bolts in my back give me some restriction in what I can do. Keep working at it and I'll take the first production model from you :)

Jonny250, sorry about your titanium roads and bolts. Looks scary. And sorry, but there will not be any production model - from me. I have just did it for fun.

Tomislav

Tromic, I took quite a while to get able to load a rubber band gun, let alone a powered up pneumatic, so i would really welcome a device that makes it easier (because I want to join the dark side :) ). Keep working at it and I'll take the first production model from you :)

Jonny next summer I will take you out in my cat load one of my mambas & pass it to you in the water. Although I can load the 90s real easy the 115 is not so easy.

Jonny next summer I will take you out in my cat load one of my mambas & pass it to you in the water. Although I can load the 90s real easy the 115 is not so easy.

Sounds good Foxfish, I might just have to take you up on that :)

Jaysus Jonny! You won't need much on your weightbelt with that little lot in your back!

Jaysus Jonny! You won't need much on your weightbelt with that little lot in your back!

He uses these on his belt rofl

bema_arm_bands.jpg

I know of at least two disabled hunters who would. Not everyone who hunts will ever be be capable of loading a pneumatic even if they do work out. I think tromic's invention gives a choice to those who aren't as able as you and I.

Sorry, I didnt think about disabled divers. I havent seen anyone disabled diving but that makes perfect sense.

Full credit to you Tromic - I might need one in the future years.

There is a newer version of may air gun loader (not the latest). Just to update this post. The first one was really bulky.

Last edited:
I have just returned from the sea where I had opportunity testing the latest loader with my Cyrano 850 at 27 bars, vacuum barrel, and 1 m long 6,5 mm tahitian shaft. The shaft was not bending and the loading of the gun was effortless. I was very satisfied.

This is mine latest loder.

Using the loader in the sea (before making some minor modifications to improve using speed):

After making minor modifications to improve using speed I measured the loading time yesterday: 22 seconds for taking the loader from the belt, using the loader, putting the loader to the belt. Modification is about faster attaching the loader to the gun and removing it after using it so I save about 20 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT