• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ameo Powerbreather Snorkel for Freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dan Joseph Camongol

Jan 19, 2017
Anybody here used the Ameo Powerbreather Snorkel for freediving?

It looks interesting because unlike a typical snorkel, you're breathing in fresh air every time.

There's another video of it of some freediver using it: . ALthough it's kinda odd that his snorkel is still in his mouth while underwater.

It's kinda expensive though. I perform better when I breath through my mouth by floating up in the water than breathing through a snorkel. But floating up is not relaxing and the sun blinds my eyes even when they're closed. I do however prefer floating down and breathing through a snorkel as it's more relaxing but again, breathing stale air every breathe isn't better than breathing through your mouth.

The idea is interesting, but I suspect that it would be difficult to just spit it out before doing the dive, like you (should) do with a standard flexible snorkel.

The idea is interesting, but I suspect that it would be difficult to just spit it out before doing the dive, like you (should) do with a standard flexible snorkel.
I don't think you need to spit out excess water (if there's any) inside the snorkel. I think that the valve on the mouth piece is the one responsible for purging all CO2 and excess water; similar to what a non-freediving snorkel would do.

I don't think you need to spit out excess water (if there's any) inside the snorkel. I think that the valve on the mouth piece is the one responsible for purging all CO2 and excess water; similar to what a non-freediving snorkel would do.
I meant that you should not dive with your snorkel in your mouth (in case you blackout, your tongue won't prevent water from coming in and you'd drown). So my point is that with such a snorkel, it seems difficult to remove it from your mouth just before you dive. On the contrary, you can easily push out a normal snorkel with your tongue right before you dive.

I meant that you should not dive with your snorkel in your mouth (in case you blackout, your tongue won't prevent water from coming in and you'd drown). So my point is that with such a snorkel, it seems difficult to remove it from your mouth just before you dive. On the contrary, you can easily push out a normal snorkel with your tongue right before you dive.
Ah yes. I noticed that as well on that guy from the Youtube. Really not a good idea leaving the snorkel in your mouth. What I would probably do is remove it before a dive and put it on my neck. Not sure if it hold or how much it will affect the hydrodynamics. Another option would be to remove it completely before a dive and let your buddy hold it for you.

Reactions: TophrBR
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT