• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another D3 Problem!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
For the last two month my D3 measure water temp. as 16 degree celsius while my dive buddy measured water temp. between 17.5-18 degree this weekend with his citizen.I also felt the water was warmer than previous days.... It seems my D3 also measure DEPTH INCORRECTLY!!! in two places i dove it showed 8.4meter and 14.6 meter on the other hand my dive buddy measured them as 14, 17-18 meters respectively.

Also, when "free" mode activates, watch light up the battery icon on the bottom without any "ERR" or "LOW" sign but after one dive it dissapears, when it turns back to the watch mode and then back to free mode battery sign lights up again.

the watch is newer than a years and has roughly 20 dives on it..

Should i return it to the dealer for inspection/repair or replacement???

The only reason i can think of, it is little tight on my wrist with 5.5mm suit. I did not tried it with wrap extension since it seems unreliable to my eye..But i was using it with this suit about 2-3month and only noticed the problem in last two dives..

Take it back for inspection. Is the back side black or some other color? If it's black, then it's the newer model and perhaps the battery is low. If it's orange or blue, then it's an older model and they should replace it for you.

Make sure that after every dive, you wash it with fresh water and you let it dry. If not dry, an "AC" appears on the screen that means "Active Contact" and then the depth sensor stays on and consumes battery for no real reason. So make sure you dry it and the "AC" sign is NOT on.

From my experience, the new models (black back) are good and reliable.

after every dive i wash it with fresh water and clean the water contacts with tooth brush.

here is the pic. of mine, not sure if its 2nd gen. or not.

Last edited:
does it measure depth and temp. wrong if battery is low???

mine is less than year old and has roughly 20 dives on it.

Eric you have to find a cool casing like D3 for your watch..

Eric:
Is the Liquivision F1 for sale??? I was thinking that it was still in development

Lambis

Look at the BACK of the watch. is the case black? if yes, it's the NEW model.

Last edited:
I haven't had problems so far, but last sunday I was scuba diving with gauge mode and noticed that while hanging at 3 metres it decided that the dive was over and started to show the surface time. I had just changed my battery a couple of days back, so that's not the problem and it's also the newer generation. Perhaps it was just due to the cold (we were under ice). I guess building a computer that works perfectly in cold water with that kind of battery is pretty much impossible. But still a bit annoying. The bottom depth seemed reasonable though. It showed 25.5 max and I was hanging a few meters of the bottom, which I know the be around 29m. But back to the topic, if your computer is not working like it's supposed under "normal" conditions, the yes, take it back and have it replaced. Also keep in mind that you're one of the lucky one's if your battery lasts around a year. I had to replace mine after about 10 months. It was just behaving erratically and the screen was clearly "fading". Most problems dissappeared, save the one mentioned above. Too bad I can't do any deep freediving testing at the moment...

Anyway, just let us know when the F1 is available Eric. I'm definately looking into buying one. I don't really care if it looks "cool" or not, it's just a tool. And if you would decide to wear it as a watch, then at least it would set you apart from all of the other divers who try to get laid with their D9 etc :) A cool looking watch doesn't bring good self esteem. Instead having a good self esteem allows you to wear what ever you think is cool on your wrist. It's a subtle difference ;)

But seriously, if it really does all you say, it'll be worth every penny. Plus there's the added benefit of the warm thought of you maybe having another stake dinner with that money.

Last edited:
i will give it a another try this week with extension wrap(in the case depth sensor can not get enough accurate water pressure to work)... IF the problems still exist i will try to solve the problem in local dealers.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT