• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another Dentex

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
This is the dentex i caught on Sunday the day before i caught the other two.

And before you say it, yes i needed a haircut which is exactly what i did that same evening. Hence the sorter haor on the 2*dentex pics posted yesterday

On the same dive i managed to whack a 2 kilo sea bass

Originally posted by shaneshac
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers
Those Dentex must be pretty mean characters then! ;)

very nice

perfect shot too:)
very nice....
I have never seen a dentex in person but do they all have that pink hue??? From what I have heard they are very prized, id love to get one some day.....

Spearoo,

DEntex can go from pink, to metallic blue to striped red and white dependant on their state of arousal. If they are hunting they usually appear metallic blue (purplish).

They even have shades of orange close to their head.

They are currently considered the most prized spearing fish in the med.

Its amazing what a very average spearo can do with a great speagun, long live totemsub!

only joking shane,
Where did you buy that beauty and how much?
Whats the water temperature where you are now?

Like your style Shaca, as always

The water temp here at the moment is 20C at surface and 16 at around 15m

The gun is a Totemsub Tahiti 120 and was bought from Totemsub in Rome and the price for this gun is as follows:

Tahiti 120: E. 241,66
T100 Reel: E. 41,66

This is in Euros. The shipping to Uk will be between 20 and 30 euros. PM me if you need more info

Shane

Dentex is basically a type of porgy. They are a lot more skittish than our porgies here. Good job, Shane. BTW, have you had any luck with red porgies (Pargus pargus )? They tend to be a bit deeper than dentex but taste as good!

Angelos

I have only managed one pargus pargus (Pargo) over here.

Pargos of over 1 kilo are rarely seen close to land nowadays. My grandfather used to catch huge ones from the shore when he was young.

Here is the pic of one close to 2 kilos

We have red porgies in Florida but they are in deeper water. No dentex here. Your shot placement is excellent as usual, right at the lateral line.

DEntex can go from pink, to metallic blue to striped red and white dependant on their state of arousal.

now Shane don't start me off...

nice catch!

Beautiful!
By the way, you still need a haircut ;)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT