• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another Good Fishing Session

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
Here is a 3.1 kilo Gilt Head Bream (Orata) caaght this evening at 13m depth. The fish was caught after a long aspetto at max range. Gun used was a Picasso Century Carbono 110.

there he is smiling again...

I'd have shot that. :king

I'm thinking about the adage that says a pet soon resembles the owner, and how much the fish and you seem to, well, complement eachother... rofl

Nice fish. ;)

Last edited:
He's a bit good this lad! Well done Shane, excellent checking your reports and photos. Do you eat all the fish you shoot or sell them onto restaurants? How many guns have you got? seems like you mention a different weapon every post....

keep up the good work, David

Hey guys thanks for the compliments.

We have an extensive family and everyone loves fish. When we catch anything big we also share with the neighbours. I have only ever sold 2 fish. The AJ and the monkfish as both were a bit too big to gut and scale in the kitchen sink ;)

I have a number of guns:

Totem Tahiti 120, Totem Pelagos 90, a Picasso Century Carbono 110, a modified Beuchat Railgun, Mares Phantom 100, Cressi 60 and am awaiting a 115 modified Airgun for Tuna :D

Yes sir. It was done a la Dapiran "Aspetto Dinamico"

After a long aspetto I had to launch myself of a rock and approach the fish totally uncovered.

There was another one of same size swimming with it.

Later I missed a huge Soldier Bream (Close to 4 kilos) It was too far away and gave it a shot just in case.

Impressive armoury Shaca! What with all the time you spend in the in the water and looking after your guns and with breathing training do you have time to go to work! (I may sound jealous and thats because I am)

Keep it up!

David

Just a question

Did you sleep when you exit from work or you directly go to fishing???

Murat I get my motorbike after work at 18:00 and rush home. Whack on my suit in the shower, grab my guns and gear, jump back on bike and rush to shore.

I am in the water by 18:40 ;)

Out by nighfall around 22:00 and then back home.

Thats why the recent pics are all in the dark.

Just before nightfall the mackerel come in shoals and its great to whack a few in the low-light conditions.

Shaca
isn't it staying really light now? with summer coming up and all. til what time is the sun up down there at the Rock?

NO

I now work normal office hours so have all weekends off.

Winter will be a pain as it gets dark too early

But where there is a will there is a way

Shane

" a pet soon resmebles the owner"

You scared the poop out of my cockatoo Sven. It was hard to assure Ausi that if it didn't happen it 20 years it wasn't going to.

Nice fish Shaca. I forgot how long those days get when you leave the equator.
Aloha
Bill

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT