• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another grouper

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
i shoot this tasty thing today afternoon. Its between 1.5-2kg mark.

Last edited:
Now thats a handsome fish. Was that shot deep?.
I see you have your fork out already? Dont you cook them first?!?! ;)

Hey Murat, that's a really small fork! ;)

Kidding, I think I'm going to start looking harder for those in our waters soon, conditions are supposed to start getting better.
Do you also have better diving conditions in the spring and automn on your side?

Alison, i preffer to eat them raw.. like Gollum. By the way i use the fork for scaling. The fish had been shoot 15 meters, stayed at shallow water today coz we also would get smaller fishes for BBQ inthe beach:p

Deep Tought,

Everybody says its better in automn and winter, i am yet to see... Very busy with the school in these periods...
:waterwork

Fuzz, i placed the shoot my usual place, "just" behind the eye:D In fact i extended her eye lid:D (somehow evertime i shoot the grouper i hit them from the eye, really no kidding)

Last edited:
congrats on the fish Murat! its nice to see youre getting out and shooting! keep up the work

Nice one Murat,

Was the photo taken before or after it was put on the BBQ?

Never though about using a fork for scaling. THanks for the idea ;)

Mind you for that Dentex Gibbosus i needed a pitch fork :D

no shane, this one directly went to the freezer. Waiting for the fry...I shoot the parrots for BBQ, i got them with very nicely done dynamic aspetto;) good paractice ha:D

yes every DB member(s) is gladly invited, but not all in once of course:D. Few thousands guest sounds not good:naughty

Shane: humble arent we :p
yes a pitchfork would have been needed for that monster.. keep it up fellas

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT