• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another super day

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Marwan

Gear Buying addict
Supporter
Sep 3, 2005
weather was just fantastic today, i went out with a friend of mine on his boat..we went to a shallow spot first and i caught a couple of fish, nothing to brag about, but cool nontheless..then we went to another spot which is a bit deeper and when its clear its amazing, today sea was flat and the spot was clear, all dives were 10-13m.. crystal clear waters, we saw 4 HUGE fish, breams and snapers but all out of range, my friend actually took a shot at one of them but the spear stopped short :) i did an aspetto at 11m for about 30 seconds, waiting for the fish to tun and meet my spear, but it just stood still, i went to it slowly, it slowly went deeper, etc etc, and so i decided to surface and get air..:) we spent like 4 hours in the water a great day..hope next time we get some of those biggies..but i am happy either way, so long as the water is clear...
i also tried out my new housing today, i didnt fit on the gun, i still need to figure out some sort of universal bracket so that i can mount on my guns..bt just took it for a spin and it was very cool, just shot footage of myself going down to 8m and back up :)

Some footage i shot to test the new camera and housing, looks pretty good i think, that red filter is sure worth it..its a short test dive 8 meters i believe..only thing remaining is to figure out a universal mount to fit on spearguns and then its action!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: foxfish
camera is sony DSC-T200 8.1MP, housing is Sony MPK-THE with red filter

cheers fox, im just trying to figure out that universal mount thing, ideally something i can "clamp" with a simple mechanism on the gun and attach the camera to it with a little screw on the bottom (thats the real easy part), fitting to the gun is a different story, as it will change with each gun i use...the c4 being the easiest as i can just screw in the bracket in the same thread where you screw the reel (i removed the reel i dont use it), but that wont work for the omer for example

Seeing all the sea urchin on the sea bed, my wife next to me is saying yummy, why bother with the fish.

i hear you, unfortunately the sea urchin in this area, wont go down too well, it has been known to be poisonous.. :(

Really. that is unfortunate. They are all over where I live and very tasty, but by law am not allowed to remove them from the water a only the fishermen can.
What makes them poisonous doedn't get into the fish does it?

i never asked :), we also have urchins the med which are not deemed poisonous, who knows maybe its a myth, but im not going to risk and try it :)

Over here in OZ urchins are in abundance as not too many pple eat them.
I have seen some New Zealanders though who grabbed a bag of them and were eating them raw(EWWW)
They offered me some but no way was i gonna try rofl

we eat them raw in the north as well, just fesh out from the sea, a squeeze of lime (maybe a sprinkle of chilli too) and yum :) dont you also eat raw oysters? :)

They offered me some but no way was i gonna try
Go on mate, I'm an auzzie who has taken a liking to them. They are pretty good.
Try a dash of sauce or lemon juice. they might grow on you.

we eat them raw in the north as well, just fesh out from the sea, a squeeze of lime (maybe a sprinkle of chilli too) and yum :) dont you also eat raw oysters? :)

Ummm i dont think i have tried anything raw, my stomach aint up for it :p

And Monchan your a braver man than i rofl

Went camping in the sand dunes for a weekend once, buddy got the muchies and decided to try eating the ovaries raw (think its the orange bits inside them)....he seemed to handle it...no heaving or anything :) (if it wasnt the ovaries then it was which ever part is orange)

Sea urchin gonards (uni). Yum yum. It's an acquired taste, I must say. My first tasting of uni went horribly wrong though, because I was given spoilt uni. However I chose to try it for a second time, and now I love it, among other food items like chutoro (tuna) and sake (salmon) and kanpachi and others. I feel that eating raw food like sashimi lets you enjoy it's flavour to its fullest.

How about Shirako? The sperm sacs of the male fish. A raw delicacy in Japan. I'll eat anything else raw and enjoy it to the full. Shirako's the ONLY thing that's made me heave. 100% psychological, I'm sure.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT