• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another WR in Dynamic

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

B-J

May 3, 2008
Now Alexei Molchanov did a new WR in dynamic. 250m. He came up smiling!!

OMG, that is massive...Well done and lets get a video on as soon as possible! Congrates Alexei

Chris

I must say it was just great to see all of this live. Especially the last day of the comp was well produced.The broadcast had names of all the athletes and also sound. (Speaker was Italian) Maybe freediving can be a TV-sport afterall:) Elisabeth Kristoffersen got another chance in DYN (I think it was due to a bad countdown or something) but I wasn`t able to see how far she got. Anyone know?

Having just returned from it, I have to say that it was really an awesome event. The organization was almost flawless. There were about 40 athletes from CMAS (mostly italians from FIPSAS, but several other nationalities too), and about 15 from AIDA. One point that should not go unnoticed, is that there were no blackouts. Second point is that this was a great meeting of CMAS and AIDA: while the judges and managers might certainly have had occasion to ponder the differences between their organizations, the athletes of AIDA were watching and cheering the CMAS ones and viceversa.

There were several 7+ statics and several 200+ dynamics on both sides, including a few new NR. Fredric Sessa swam a fantastic 224m with an amazing style and speed (no weights!). Natalia did 214m new WR, with her usual elegance. And of course, Alexei grabbed the title of first ever 250m, coming out very clean.

There was an incredible amount of cameras in and out of the water, and I am sure that the organizers will produce some great videos. In the meantime, some pictures here

Great pics. I noticed the C4 mono was there. Any general feedback on it from the comp? That's a really nice looking pool too.

The C4 mono was there in many sizes (as well as the bi-fins), many
people had a few laps with it so I imagine there will be posts. Perhaps better follow this up in one of the equipment forums. Anyway, my style is kick and glide and I did not find it well suited for that, but others might have different and hopefully positive impressions. Don't know the price (bi-fins official price was
429Eur, I didn't try them.

Yes, I saw Fred Sessa on the French Championship this summer, where he appeared among the top for the first time, and was quite surprised he used no weights at all - not even for DNF! I guess that when he discovers he can swim easier and more relaxed with them, he may well break even AIDA records!

Just a side note:
Don't know the price (bi-fins official price was
429Eur, I didn't try them.
The C4 prices are getting extreme. There is really not such a big difference to a good and relatively cheap plastic fins (or even glasfiber, or carbon fins from other manufacturers). And since I already broke my C4 Flaps once, although I liked them, I am afraid I cannot afford billing out +400€ each two years and will stay with much cheaper alternatives. I wonder who is still able buying their fins.

Wow, 250m. And he came up looking so clean as well, like it's not a big deal. Awesome! Alexei's swimming style is unique; it's sort of a kick-kick glide, but they're spaced so close together that it's almost a continuous stroke. And he did 250 with it. Absolutely spectacular.

has any one measured the pool ,just in caseroflroflrofl
brilliant well done

Last edited:
I congratulate him on the site, but one more time, great... great dive Alexei. And I am so glad he did it, because he is such a great athlete and really humble one...

.....C4 mono is mainly for CW, sadly I had other work during the tests but would had loved to try (despite I didn' t bring swimming trunks)

.....price of fins was during weekend a lot lower then 429,- posted here namely 300,- and the help from Bonfanti family is great.

Grtzzz Pim

Reactions: jay cluskey
A good video of Alexei's WR is available from the organizers' webpage.
They said that eventually all videos will be there (including STA) and will
be downloadable. You can also find Sessa's DYN under CMAS.

@pim: I posted on Equipment/Mono about the new C4

Fantastic vid. Great contrast of styles....beautiful. Seemed a metre short of 250m to me...........

Fantastic vid. Great contrast of styles....beautiful. Seemed a metre short of 250m to me...........

Very nice video indeed! Why did it seem a meter short? He touched the end of the pool before surfacing, so actually it was a bit over 250m. Rounded down to 250m, of course, because it wasn't 251m yet.

Amazing dive. I am still thinking about watter temperature as a factor that can affect dive in some extend. Alex, as more good divers, had BO in the beginning of September in 34 C watter in Sharm during WCH 08 after 169 meters (DYN). Do you have any experiences / information on how watter temperature can be important?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT