• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any charters & equipment hire for the Great Barrier Reef?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Flashy

Jul 9, 2017
*Apologies if such a post has been made previously; if it has, I would be obliged for the link to it*

I shall be visiting Australia in the coming weeks and would love to freedive the Great Barrier Reef. The only equipment I currently have with me on my travels in New Zealand are my mask and snorkel, with everything else being back in the UK.

Having searched online, I am struggling to find any companies who offer lessons, charters and equipment hire with the exception of "Divers World", whose charter services are currently unavailable. I would prefer to partake in recreational rather than competitive freediving on the reef and, in the case the information is of any use to readers of this post, am certified as an Advanced Freediver with Apnea Total and as a Master Freediver with lesser known RAID.

Can anyone advise of any companies who provide services that would allow me to do this?

Thanks

Flashy

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT