• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any courses closer to MN?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Margo Femrite

Mar 1, 2005
I was planning on taking a road trip to California after I graduated to take some freediving classes, I was saving up for it too, but I did the math and at this rate there is no way I am going to get past Wyoming on my budget. So I was wondering ??if anyone knows of classes more closer to home, and any clubs for that matter?? I keep coming across SCUBA classes, but nothing when it comes to freediving. Drop me a post or pm if you know anything that could help me out.

Last edited:
I don't know if Tanya Streeter is doing any courses or not this year, but on the off chance she is or would try to get one together if she heard interest from people like yourself, you might try emailing her at her website, since Texas would be closer for you than California. www.redefineyourlimits.com She might be a bit busy at the moment getting ready for Worlds though.

hey Margo,... not that it was a class but you sure could have picked up a ton if knowledge, had some good diving support, been able to practice, been around a bunch of others with a genuine interest in freediving, and had good, clear water to boot.. at the freedive apalooza in wisconsin at lake wazee last month. missed ya.

lol, I would have loved to go there but I kind of have the issue of no car and no license yet- granted that is no excuse. I could have hitched-hiked, or biked, or driven on the left side of the road going 25 mph (because we all know that is where my abilities amount to so far!) :)

Kati,

I teach a PADI "Freediver" distinctive specialty course in the Wisconsin area.

I ran a class up at Lake Wazee In June. Course costs $150 and runs over two days. It may not be as complete as Kirk's (who runs a great course that I highly reccomend), but it was meant to get local divers trained up to be safe divers/buddies and hit some depth while they're at it. It would give you a good strating point to work from until your able to take a more extensive course in the future.

I am not sure about running anymore classes this summer, since I'm pretty busy with a new baby, but if you had a couple other people interested we may be able to work something out.

PM me if your interested.

Jon

hey, sorry... I should have plugged for Jon, he'd be a great one to take instruction from. He knows his freediving for sure and would be very helpful. I've dove with him now several times at wazee. He's got all the right equipment for some serious training (knowledge, gear, and a diver retrieval sytem for added safety when trying the deep stuff). He's even got his 2 year old wanting to use the drop line..

and margo... there were plenty of rides from the cities that weekend... no excuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT