• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any good plastic freediving fins recommend to small size woman?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

whaleshark

Apr 21, 2015
Hi all, I'm looking for small size freediving plastic fins for woman with foot size 35-36. Any recommendation?
Also , can I seek some advice on stiffness of the blades for women beginners on freediving?
Thanks!!

The vast majority of non-customized fins are designed to accommodate a larger foot (38-39) at best. The Mares Instinct Pro Polytec Full Foot Fin starts at 38, or so they claim, and is under $90 (USD). You will probably need to wear booties with them. Hope that helps...and stiffness, well, there is no accurate gauge for that. Each manufacturer determines these metrics on their own. I would suggest that an entry-level plastic fin would invariably be a "medium" in stiffness, designed to work pretty good under most conditions for the majority of people.

If you're diveing to max 10-15m depth you can do so with normal length sturdy snorkelfins. these will do for all level 1 introduction courses. For level 2 and up long fins are needed to overcome the negative buoyancy of 15+meters and to rescue and lift a buddy from -10meters.

If you have, or can borrow a pair of close healed fins for the first introcouse do so because at the course you're likely to see those nice long fins in person and often get a chace to try them too, plus the instructor is going to explain all about them, and provide personalised recomendations based on your strength and size.

Maybe you find that fibreglass fin feels really nice. They often come in 5 stiffness options. From your footsize i get the impression you would be happy with a medium-soft set of blades.
Because of your sex and foot size i estimate that a medium stiffness long fin would demand too much strength. Though you may also be a strong legged woman who likes the medium blades giving you that stong solid firm reassuring feedback when comming up from the deep blue.
On the otherhand if you likde to spend ours touring the shores then a pair of medium-soft will be comfortable for a longer time.
You see there are many things to consider, but stay calm and first learn and explore and experience what freediving is like for you before worrying about what tools to choose :)

Have you checked Mako Spearguns in the US. They have women's fins down to women's 6-7

Reactions: Kars
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT