• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any info would be great.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SATexas

Jul 3, 2001
I was talking to a friend about Scuba Diving, and we have both agreed we would look into it. I was trying to find websites that posted prices of all courses, equipment, etc. But i haven't had any luck. Could anyone give my an insight to what it will cost me to get through the courses? Any response would be great...

TIA,
SATexas

Trying to find a store - local that lists all prices is going to be difficult. Most businesses do not like to flag online there prices
for competitive reasons. Also most areas are affected by seasonal influences and prices will fluctuate accordingly.
Resort or Holiday destinations will often provide course costs online as part of there marketing strategy - just compare and confirm that the price is still valid. Most resorts will offer a combined vacation and learn to dive package, which can be good value.
A point on purchasing equipment - buying local is as a rule better for service and follow up queries for the big ticket items such as regulators, BCD's and dive computers.
Personal items such as ths mask,snorkel and fins etc shop around - remember comfort and fit matter the most.
re the final cost $ - that is a hard question - I personally would budget between $300 and $500 to learn to dive through a local store - cheaper courses are available BUT?

Last edited:
Class Prices

I personally would be less concerned about the price than the quality. I got trained at a store and found out after the class that the person in charge wasn't the kind of person I wanted to be associated with so I changed dive shops. I have since heard many comments that agree with mine, that had I known in advance I would have avoided them.

Where are you at that you are looking for classes? Are you in Texas?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT