• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any news on Annabel's No fins record attempt

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ADR

Jan 21, 2004
I think the attempt was scheduled for 23rd or 24th, has anyone heard how it went?

regards

Andy

Records, records everywhere!!

Wish I could talk the lingo, but Anabel broke the record she was shooting for... something about doing a Kermit impression?... on her first dive, but had a bit of trouble getting the tag to cooperate on the second dive so had to settle with simply breaking the record and not completely shattering the heck out of it.

Meanwhile, my Daddy (Bill, The Old Guy From Kona) shattered his US record for static apnea by almost half a minute (hey, I remembered the term for THAT one) and set the US record for doing something without his fins on. Then just for the heck of it he broke an "old man's" record too... but he doesn't like to talk about THOSE. Just can't get him to admit he's a "senior". 167 feet into the water sounded pretty darned impressive to me!

--His very proud daughter:wave

Ah yes, the mother-daughter phone call last night. What my family lacks in terminology, they make up for with enthusiasm. Maybe I can find that story about my daughter, the orange bikini and the bike race somewhere.

Let me add the other successes. Leo set the US record for CWNF, but it only lasted for 24 hours when Kevin went to 46 meters. All subject to ratification, of course.
Aloha
Bill

Hi Jim
I did a 48 meter CB on Sat.
Aloha
Bill

age and depth

Hey Bill

Why did you stop at 50 in FIM

When I saw you dive a couple of weeks ago I think you had some more in you.

Didnt you fin yourself down to 55 just to put a mark on the rope for Stigs trainig?

Sebastian

PS. And yes being put in senior class is insulting. Maybe after 80 we should be considered to old for freediving. ;-)

>Why did you stop at 50 in FIM

I hit the bottom plate.

Hi Sebastion

The challenge was set up for Annabel's world record and it looked like I'd have a depth limit of 60, but in the final days we switched to a bottom camera and had a wind shift. They gave me as much rope as they could. Probably just as well, if allowed, I'd take a shot at Bel's 71 meter mark.

Putting me in the senior class is only a sign of respect, as long as they don't stop me from competing in open, too.
Aloha
Bill

Last edited:
Reactions: donmoore
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT