• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any south island kiwis out there?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kiwi_fish

Apr 11, 2006
Hi all ,

Im from Blenhiem and really trying to do as much spearfishing as possible, just can't fing anyone to dive with. If your keen for a few trips i've got a great place in the sounds and love sharing it. If your not from The area could you recommend some other spots around the south island.

Cheers in advance.:)

Gday Mate,
I am an Ausie from Wollongong sth of sydney but Have cousins in NZ all over the joint one of them has a batch at Elaine Bay in Marlborouhgh Sounds, I think from my memory (a bit hazy after all the DBs and rum I had there and 20+ years of being away from there) that this is close to Blenhiem , is that correct? some of my cousins have done some spearin but some of it was rays from inside the boat for fun when they were kids.
I will be going over there at christmas so I would love to go for a dive if your keen I will try and catch up with you.
Peter

Gidday poacher,
Elaine bay is about two hours from where our bach is, just on the other side of the sound and not too far from Blenhiem. No troubles if your keen for a dive when your over cause we'll be spending a fair bit of our time at the bach over the christmas / new year period, just get hold of me a bit closer to the time.

Hey there, just noted this thread.

There is an active freediver based in Chch, who travels up for competitions etc. Not exactly next door to you, but might be possible to get together some time. Give me a PM if you want to make contact with him.

Cheers.

Hi kiwi fish, I do a bit of spearfishing/ craydiving etc mostly down Ward or towards Kaikoura. On a mission this year to shoot a snapper in the sounds If i can get close enough to one. Send me a post if you want to go out for a dive. I live in Renwick so probably a bit closer than most on this website.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT