• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Where in Western Aus are you from?

• Kimberley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gascoyne

• Great Southern

• Goldfields/Esperance

• Other

• Other State

• Total voters

Rock Shooter

Sep 1, 2016
Hi all,

Just wondering who is from Western Australia on here. And maybe where :)
It would be good to know :D

Thanks to all the Aussies that do this
Rock Shooter

Reactions: Jovan
Hi guys, i am new to Freediving and currently located in Perth. Do most of you guys just stop diving over the winter or is anybody up for some sessions in the next months?
cheers, David

Reactions: Jovan
Hi guys, i am new to Freediving and currently located in Perth. Do most of you guys just stop diving over the winter or is anybody up for some sessions in the next months?
cheers, David
Hey mate,
I can't speak for everyone but I generally dive in the winter, weather permitting. Quite often in the winter, down south here in Perth and surrounds doesn't produce the best visibility in my experience. Often I end up heading down to Margaret River and surrounds. Problem with this is the effect that swell can have on dive grounds, making it very dangerous. It's hard to get in to the water off the rocks without getting hurt, losing equipment or getting swept away. Getting out is even harder. But weather permitting, I do dive in winter. Since you're up in Perth, I recommend that you go and join a club. There are two main options that I know about:
WAUC (wa undersea)
Blue water freedivers of wa.

If you're ever in Bunbury or surrounds, hit me up for a dive.
Thanks,
Rock Shooter

Last edited:
Reactions: Menglee123
I am based in bunbury. Do a bit of spearfishing. Keen to meet up with new divers.
How's it going Jethro,
Do you dive much in the winter around Bunbury? I often struggle to find decent vis around here without going out on a boat, especially in the winter.
If you're keen for a dive, hit me up. I'm still a beginner. Didn't start too long ago, but keen as to learn.
Thanks,
Jack
Side note: Are you into bodyboarding or surfing?

Reactions: Menglee123
I'm not diving at all during winter. Zero visibility. I haven't done much diving further south so i dont know what the vis is like down past margs this time of year.

I've been doing a bit of dry training, tables and apnea walks... hope to get down the pool soon for some dyn training.

Stay in touch, once the weather gets good we can get some dives happening.

Hey mate,
I can't speak for everyone but I generally dive in the winter, weather permitting. Quite often in the winter, down south here in Perth and surrounds doesn't produce the best visibility in my experience. Often I end up heading down to Margaret River and surrounds. Problem with this is the effect that swell can have on dive grounds, making it very dangerous. It's hard to get in to the water off the rocks without getting hurt, losing equipment or getting swept away. Getting out is even harder. But weather permitting, I do dive in winter. Since you're up in Perth, I recommend that you go and join a club. There are two main options that I know about:
WAUC (wa undersea)
Blue water freedivers of wa.

If you're ever in Bunbury or surrounds, hit me up for a dive.
Thanks,
Rock Shooter
Hi mate,

We are 2 French free divers/ surfers who just arrived in WA and are craving for a free dive session. We are in a van nearby Margs. Do you wanna meet up?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT