• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anybody dealt with Hammerhead spearguns?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

the_milkman

Totally addicted to bass.
May 25, 2006
Hi there,

Just wondering whether anyone had any dealings with Hammerhead spearguns? I ordered some bit and pieces from their web store a few weeks ago that still haven't arrived. They took the money on the card pretty much straight away, so I don't think it's a stock problem.

I've tried e-mailing, using the contact form on their website, left a couple of messages on their answerphone, even got through to some guy who said he'd look into it and call me back but still nothing.

It's kind of freaking me out, I spent nearly $300 there...I know international shipping takes a bit longer, but 3 weeks seems too long??

Thanks,

Rick

I did, they were always straight with me, late last year they were having computer problems took little longer then usual.

They also post on the forum.

The user name is HHEAD.

Here is the email address used by them last year.

kssakuda@yahoo.com

Kevin was the person.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_milkman
I did about 10 months ago and they were freakly quick and attentive to my questions.

They even called me....

I have herd only good stuff about them and they are very well respected...

Thanks guys - must have been a blip. Funnily enough they sent me a tracking number last night! All's good!

Hey Mart,

2 of their reef open muzzles; 2 new spear shafts; and a fully railed alu barrel for my 75.

I have 2 Beuchats: 75 mundial elite; 90 mundial carbon elite

I wanted to rail the barrel on the 75 (the 90 is already railed); open both muzzles and upgrade the shafts to pinned shafts

I'm switching to bulk rubber and dyneema wishbones, largely due to my little incident in Guensey last summer!

Don't know if they stilla re, but they were doing nice little offer where they were supplying 2 powerbands with each muzzle for no extra cost!

Can't wait to try them out.

Reactions: foxfish
"Way to go" mate that sound like really cool gear, let us know when it comes.

Don't you worry mate I'll be sure to bore everyone to tears with it!! Got and E-mail from Kevin at HH this morning. Apparently my package got sent back to them due to customs problems. Gutted, but at least it explains the wait!

Great think I am in U.S. I always buy stuff from Europe never had any issues with customs. If I was in Brazil that would be a different story.
I hope you can get it, HH gear is really good, I love their muzzle.

Don't you worry mate I'll be sure to bore everyone to tears with it!! Got and E-mail from Kevin at HH this morning. Apparently my package got sent back to them due to customs problems. Gutted, but at least it explains the wait!

I wonder if the package was labeled "gun parts". I imagine that might cause a few probs with custims. Might have to get them to send your goods to Podge the gunsmith.

I found that when I converted my omer XXV from closed muzzle with screw in bands to open muzzle and a looped band then the angle of the bands put me off. The hammerhead muzzles look to be the answer. I'm looking forward to a report on those bits.

Dave

Rick, happy to help if I can mate? Just give me a bell.:)

Reactions: the_milkman
Glad everything work out ok MilkMan. Interested to hear more about the HHeads. How are the prices compared to the SA railguns (RA, Rabitech, Orcas -- is Pelaj SA or Oz)?

BTW In the USA (and probably most other places) your credit card should be billed until your order is ready to ship. Shipping from the USA is normally very quick by air (often 3 days from the mainland). Surface (i.e. sea & land) shipping can take upto, I forget, either 6 week or 3 months, but can be much cheaper for heavy object if you're are not in a hurry (probably less secure though).

Last edited:
...I found that when I converted my omer XXV from closed muzzle with screw in bands to open muzzle and a looped band then the angle of the bands put me off. The hammerhead muzzles look to be the answer. I'm looking forward to a report on those bits.

Dave
Dave, have you considered using the Omer screw-in bands with the open muzzle configuration? The XXV seems to support a rich variety of rubber/muzzle configuration options. (Who will be first to try 2x14mm bands?!:D).

Reactions: foxfish
I partly bought my XXV Gold just so I could try lots of configurations with out changing guns. This year I'll be rigged with screw ins again as per original but not sure whether I'll go open or closed muzzle. The little plastic bridge is so small I'm not sure it matters. I did find that reloading was a pain with an open muzzle even after a whole season. However, might try screw ins plus open just to say I've done so.

Dave

Podge -cheers mate but think it's sorted now!

Dave - Will let you know how my aim is when I get the beauties rigged and in the water!! Fingers crossed!

Mr. X - Can't comment on the guns HH make, but the muzzles are widely regarded as some of the best opens out there. They ain't cheap though. I believe the trigger mechs are basically Beuchats, but they've added their own shafts, barrels and muzzles. I love Beuchats, so any improvement on that gets my thumbs up! FWIW I'll be trying 2 x 14mm bands on my 75...I'll keep you posted.

About the muzzle, I took Ildiver suggestion and replace my cayman HF muzzle with a HH muzzle and have no regrets, before I used to get tangle shots (with the omer muzzle), not any more, the HH is simple to rig also the little wings made the shots more quite.
I love the long line holder under the muzzle.
I just wish I could pass a screw in 20 mm band through them, with my gun I had to take the whole thing to a store, so the band was made in the gun.

My friend at the dive store made a screw in band, they are not that hard to make the bigest problem now is to find the screw end tips.

I have had excellent dealing with them so far. although at the moment I'm having a little trouble getting the right size shirt out of them, they sent an XL instead of a L. meh, small worries.

Look forward to hearing about it Milkman ;)
I partly bought my XXV Gold just so I could try lots of configurations with out changing guns. This year I'll be rigged with screw ins again as per original but not sure whether I'll go open or closed muzzle. The little plastic bridge is so small I'm not sure it matters. I did find that reloading was a pain with an open muzzle even after a whole season. However, might try screw ins plus open just to say I've done so.

Dave
I use a closed muzzle (figured it would be easier to deal with after the RA). I was thinking the open muzzle would make loading easier. The grass is always greener on the other side! I think my loading of the XXV improved over the season - there were 3 issues I had to deal with that took some getting used to:

(1) the rubbers pivot over the barrel during firing, on the pivoting metal muzzle "yoke" - so you need to be careful not to get your spearline tangled with this (just move it back in place) and

(2) I was using a double wrap of spearline for the first time

(3) The extra length of spearline was made of 3mm marine bungee cord.

I'll leave the 75 like that again this season I think. It'll probably be my primary gun again this season. The 90 is similarly rigged except I've used a single wrap of spearline, albeit with shorter mono than usual and an extra long 3mm bungee extension (for a little extra range). I regret not getting the XXV 80 instead (as the 90 didn't feel as different from the RA90 as I had expected, first time out) but perhaps that will change.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT