• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anybody ever dive Lake Geneva?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Juan-John

Aug 4, 2003
Hi,

Anyone ever done any diving -- free or scuba -- in Lake Geneva, Switzerland? I'll be vacationing later on this month nearby across the border in France, and one of those days might be spent visiting the lake. I'm debating whether to bring my mask, fins and snorkel. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Juan-John :)

3 scuba dives

I have done 3 scuba dives
On a spot called Hermance (close to Geneva), if you search for that name you'll get lot's of links.
The water is pretty OK, 5m viz, top meters are warm, but expect much colder water when you get below 15m.

It's hard to find a decent shop that rents out scuba gear though.
So you might be better of doing freedives only.
It gets deep pretty quickly, and I think there are some lines present.
Have a look at this site (in French):
http://www.atlantis-diving.ch/spots/geneve/hermance/hermance.htm

How about Zürichsee? I was in Zurich for an afternoon about 3 years ago (pre-freediving days) and was surprised by how clear the water was. I was half tempted to dive in -- but only half tempted.

You can find more information concerning diving and freediving in Geneva under http://www.dauphins-apnee.ch/. I think that Hermance is the best place to freedive in Geneva, and you could probably dive with the group.

Concerning Zürichsee, you surely came during the yearly 10 days when we have some kind of visibility (end of april)!

But the best place to freedive in Switzerland is definetly the Vierwaldstättersee (Lac des Quatre Cantons) nearby Luzern (Lucerne).

Enjoy your holidays and dive safe

I dove lake geneva, or 'Lac Leman' as they call it locally, for the 2000 World Cup in Montreux. A beautiful place, although the lake gets totally dark after around 35m. I doubt there's much to see down there.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

these spots are actually already on freedivingspots.net

if anyone wants to die lake zurich, check out www.apnoelowlimits.ch under forum you can contact the people diving there regularly, greetz dani

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT