• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anyone around scarborough, flamborough and whitby area

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Joshchap29

Jul 16, 2018
As the thread title says looking for someone local to me to buddy up with please get in touch :)

Hi Josh, I have moved this thread to the Buddys/Regional area of the forum but left a temporary link in the beginner area, where you first posted.

I used to visit York and the Yorkshire coast - the places you mention and Robin Hood's Bay - from time-to-time and had planned to explore the spearfishing potential but alas the relatives we visited moved away from the area. I'd be interested to hear how you get on. The weather has been exceptionally good of late, increasing the chance of good visibility (which would likely be my main concern on the east coast).

Reactions: Joshchap29
Hi Josh, I have moved this thread to the Buddys/Regional area of the forum but left a temporary link in the beginner area, where you first posted.

I used to visit York and the Yorkshire coast - the places you mention and Robin Hood's Bay - from time-to-time and had planned to explore the spearfishing potential but alas the relatives we visited moved away from the area. I'd be interested to hear how you get on. The weather has been exceptionally good of late, increasing the chance of good visibility (which would likely be my main concern on the east coast).
thanks for letting me know Il keep you updated

Reactions: Mr. X
Not yet bud but gibe me a shout when you come up be good to get a group of us if your on facebook join uk spearfishing buddies

im from east yorks, never speared our waters. not very good vis, just come back from mull doing some freediving. will be happy to join you

runswick bay looked pretty clear the other day though. not sure of the depth

Reactions: Mr. X
Sounds promising. The water doesn't need to be gin clear, sometimes it is handy to have a bit of murk so the fish don't see you quite as easily. Some days you can get clearer condition by moving out a bit or along shore a bit or even, occasionally, swimming under it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT