• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anyone Been in HMS Dolphin Tank in Plymouth?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
From memory (4 years ago), it was quite warm - 31 degrees (ish). I doubt it was quite that hot.

When it is left alone, it stratifies and develops several thermoclines. I think these get less notciable as more and more divers mix the water about through the session.

I suspect that the surface water can get hot, but it will be chillier as a result below the thermocline.

Ben

Dolphin No More

I talked with Howard Jones a couple of days ago. He's not giving the Dolphin class anymore. He did say that a colleague of his may take over the class going forward but that's still being worked out. :waterwork

a)its in portsmouth not plymouth
b)it is about 35C but that doesn't seem to affect people's apnea time. I have done all my longest, slowest dives in there.
c)its not running any more
d)it was ridiculously expensive anyway

To carry on diving in the UK, why not come to saltFree
www.saltFreedivers.com

diving to 80m, year around and the temp never drops below.... about 4C. Big group of us going next weekend and at least once a month through the year. courses also available - PADI and AIDA

Sam

a)its in portsmouth not plymouth
b)it is about 35C but that doesn't seem to affect people's apnea time. I have done all my longest, slowest dives in there.
c)its not running any more
d)it was ridiculously expensive anyway

To carry on diving in the UK, why not come to saltFree
www.saltFreedivers.com

diving to 80m, year around and the temp never drops below.... about 4C. Big group of us going next weekend and at least once a month through the year. courses also available - PADI and AIDA

Sam

LOWDOWN ON DOLPHIN

You can find out all you need to know about the HMS Dolphin experience in the archives and, going forward, in the news headlines right here on Deeper Blue.

I've heard rumors that diving at Dolphin will resume ! Keep an eye on Deeper Blue for further developments as our team of investigative reporters digs for the lowdown.

To read all about the Dolphin experience in brilliantly written reportage, go here:

http://www.deeperblue.net/article.php/298

Paul Kotik
Freediving Editor

NB - To Freediving Addict : Al tidag, hamayim hachamim heym meyod meyod margi'im. Zeh davka ma'arich et hash'hiyah leymatah !

Sam,

I'm going to be in London in Early March how far is the saltFree site from London, and how cold is the water ? *shiver*

I hear there's a bear in the water there - a deep one !!

Meir =o)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT