• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anyone diving in India?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shoutatthesky

Generalist
Mar 4, 2006
I would very interested in making contact with any freedivers in India or its surrounding areas.
I have visited India but didn't get to the coast. I would love to go back to India to dive.

I haven't been south of Delhi yet Sara but I would love to see alot more of the country.
I have contacted Tamoshee. We will see what becomes of it.:)

Considering coming to India if the rains are too heavy in south east asia the next few months, so if so maybe we can hook up, I heard Goa is ok but nothing special but there must be a few little cheap fishing village gems hidding away on such a huge coast.

stay in touch amigo

saludos

India - Kerala

I'll be in India next week and probably for the next 6 months, will be down in Kerala for first two months if any freedivers are about, contact me and we can do some freediving off the coast someplace.....

Saludos... Golfinho

Wish you best of freediving times and good vizibility, which i learnt is the main issue in the Indian waters. Unless you get to the off shore islands (e.g Andaman and Nicobar) the inland viz is normally poor, at least that what i saw (in fact didnt see much) in Goa around the same time of the year. But maybe further down south in Karale it will be better.

serge

to answer to questions on this forum : yes, there are many divers and diving spots in india. For example pondicherry, goa, mammallapuram, murudeshwar, netrani island, lakhshwadeep, andamans. goa has a larger number of padi dive resorts like Goa Aquatics - PADI Scuba Diving Resort in Goa India. (run by Anindya a friend) I am from pondicherry, a small beach town with lot of diving scopes like spearfishing, freediving & scuba. the waters clear blue with 15 - 20 metres viz at 8-10 kms out in the sea. check out our pondydivers group link for info. pondydivers : The Pondicherry Divers

cheers

Hi Guys,

I spend half the year in the Andaman Islands and in the last season have met a couple of spearfishermen who amazed me with the fish they came up with. Since I spend tons of time out on the water I plan to start trying some next season. I had a chance to go out a couple of weeks ago but the Cyclone that narrowly missed us ruined all plans. There's an amazing amount of fish, so I know where they are it's only a matter of getting down to do it.
Will post if I ever manage to.

Regards,

Mighty Marlin.

Last edited:
Hey,
I am based in Delhi and was wondering too, where to freedive (and scuba dive). So, if anyone is interested and/or has some more suggestions, drop me a line!

I am a passionate underwater rubgy player as well (best sport in the world, by the way:). Are there any other current or future players in the country?

Best,
Daniel

We are now free diving and scuba diving on the east coast in Pondicherry with Temple Adventures. Viz can be awesome but you have to go a fair way out. Amazing amount of fish and sea life if you know where to look

Hey,
I am based in Delhi and was wondering too, where to freedive (and scuba dive). So, if anyone is interested and/or has some more suggestions, drop me a line!

I am a passionate underwater rubgy player as well (best sport in the world, by the way:). Are there any other current or future players in the country?

Best,
Daniel
Hey are you still in Delhi? I may be moving there later this year and would be interested in playing underwater rugby.

Following up on the thread as well : I am moving to Delhi in August, and was wondering where to freedive on a regular basis. Athompson, I don't know underwater rugby, but willing to try ! Did you have any luck finding a free diving club?

No, I have not had any luck finding a free dive club or underwater rugby. I move to Delhi in January 2019 so you will have a head start finding some divers. Let me know what you find.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT