• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anyone freediving/spearfishing in Costa Rica

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ebusso

Oct 16, 2002
Hello there (hola...)

I live in San Jose and would like to know of any freediving/spearfishing enthusiast to dive and learn with... I have been snorkeling since I was 5 (now I am 37)... but I am getting interested in going deeper and spearing bigger... anyone out there in Costa Rica... bye...:)

Reactions: Pekka
hi its been 3 years since your post but im traveling to costa rica in late march and am looking for advice and spearfishing buddies. i have 5 years experiece spearfishing but have never been to costa rica. id also appreciate any advice you might have. Phil

hello there:

I will be glad to give you any advice I can. I spearfish almost every week. This is the dry season right now. So the sea is a little stired up by the north wind, here in Guanacaste (northen pacific province) the best time to dive here is between june and sept. But hey!! we always go out unless the wind is really terrible. Do bring a 3mm wet suit. Water this time is a little chilly. and even if you go down to the central pacific the wet suit will protect you from the stinging fillaments sometimes present in the water.

Please contact me> dentalbussing@hotmail.com
tel. (506) 666-4250 or 399-0399

be glad to help you...catch something.. :)

Ebusso

I am coming to Costa Rica for the first time June 13-20. I will benign in San Jose to check out the city and nightlife. However, I very much want to spearfish. I am a recreational Hawaiian-sling diver (or used to be) who speared every summer in the Bahamas growing up. Can you recommend a place or tour co to go to? I would like to dive for two or three days, probably day-trips. Preferably somewhere there is an incredibly beautiful place to stay. As this is not a spearing-only trip, somewhere where I can spear (and rent equipment) and have other fun and adventures, as well would be ideal. Again, having an increadible place to stay Hotel/Resort/Spa, etc in the area would really make it great. This is a trip to enjoy the country and splurge a little.

Thanks for your suggestions

You can contact me at caleb@cushingco.net

hi there Ebusso

I am hopeing to hed out soon for work. I have aplied to MYSTIC DIVE CENTER-COSTA RICA

do you know if there any good

How is the spearing

Ok so here is a few hand pics i chose to posed of when i lived in Costa Rica a wile back.

Attachments

• DSC00879.jpg
    DSC00879.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC00894.jpg
    DSC00894.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC00898.jpg
    DSC00898.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC00903.jpg
    DSC00903.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC01031.jpg
    DSC01031.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 186
So here is the latest photos from my 08/09 trip to Costa Rica...

Also lost a nice rooster fish and 50lb plus travelie... Had to steel my girl friends gun as Spearo.co.uk never shipped my stuff to me (orderd in Nov!) inclueding my rubbers....WTF!!!

Grate trip tho

Attachments

• Cristina 123.jpg
    Cristina 123.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 185
  • Cristina 122.jpg
    Cristina 122.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Cristina 004.jpg
    Cristina 004.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Cristina 003.jpg
    Cristina 003.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Cristina 002.jpg
    Cristina 002.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 192
anddd......

Attachments

• Cristina 126.jpg
    Cristina 126.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 188
  • Cristina 129.jpg
    Cristina 129.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 197
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT