• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anyone from Malta?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Malteser

Aug 6, 2003
Hi

This site is a revelation to me! I've been snorkelling and diving here in Malta trying to explore ways of staying down longer.

To find out that there are all you guys helping eachother out is absolutely great.

I do it 'cos I like to potter - I look between the sea grass, watch the fish come up to me, look in all the little holes at the shells, colours and little things. Nothing beats it for sheer peace.

Reading all the emphasis on the importance of a buddy is also pretty sobering; I'va always done this alone but I guess I'd better fix that, so if there are any non-spearfishers in Malta, or coming to Malta, let me know. Got a little boat that really lets you go where you want to go.

Unfortunately I've just had a really stupid accident that I'm kicking myself over (the only time I tried to see how deep I could go - went down to 18m without fins, tried to go the last 2m without equalising and popped an eardrum. Fortunately its healed completely, but I've been advised to wait a little before putting it under any real pressure). In the middle of summer that's a bit hard to take!

Anyway - thanks for the site, its an unbeatable source of information I thought I'd have to try and figure out for myself!

Patrick

Hi Patrick, I have friend in Malta.. who I just might visit this summer.... later some time.. if I do I'll let you know and we can do some freediving, and perhaps some spearfishing? well anyhow I'll let you know if I am headed your way sometime ok :)

Pekka

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT