• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anyone know where to find Mares Sharp Shooter shaft?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

royalbarracuda

Jun 4, 2007
Hi-

I have a Mares Sharp Shooter compressed air speargun that I bought in the 90's. This is a great gun but I think it was recalled at some point because I can't find a replacement shaft anywhere.

Does anyone know a good place to look, or a good contact where they might carry replacement shafts for that gun? Maybe the shaft/trigger mechanism is similar to a newer Mares model, or to a model for a different brand gun.

I appreciate any help. :t

Hi Man,

...I'd like to help you out but I hv never heard about this gun....I hv asked a shop dealer who has been on the market for long long time but no success....
"sharp shooter" might be the trade name in US.....can you post some pics of it????

I've also had trouble finding information about the gun. I actually bought it in latin america, so it could well be that they have similar models under different names. The pictures show the shaft/trigger mechanism and the entire gun.

The exact name is Mares Sharp Shooter - Competition Line

thank you.

Attachments

• MaresShaft.jpg
    MaresShaft.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Mares4.jpg
    Mares4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 175
  • Mares1.jpg
    Mares1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Mares3.jpg
    Mares3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 157
Hi Royalbarracuda,
...The gun shown in the pics you posted is called RAFAL or JET here, both have same handle as your sharpshooter...as far as shaft is concerned any shaft that fits mares guns will be OK so the trigger mechanism....except the yellow piece of plastic that you pull to shoot (the trigger)....if you tell me exactly what piece you are looking for I'll be more precise.....

Marmir-

I actually need a replacement shaft. The gun is in perfect conditions, but the shaft broke in the bottom part (although it doesn't seem like it on the picture I posted).

Thanks for your information. I will look for a Mares shaft and hopefully that will work.

I don't know if it is too late, but here are the part #'s for the shaft you are looking for. P.S. The current model of the same type gun is the Sten series. Yours is an 84cm length gun.

Stainless Shaft 43163990
Plated Steel Shaft 43163964

If a local dealer doesn't stock them, they have the capacity to order it.

Best,

Zak

Hi-

I have a Mares Sharp Shooter compressed air speargun that I bought in the 90's. This is a great gun but I think it was recalled at some point because I can't find a replacement shaft anywhere.

Does anyone know a good place to look, or a good contact where they might carry replacement shafts for that gun? Maybe the shaft/trigger mechanism is similar to a newer Mares model, or to a model for a different brand gun.

Hi-

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT