• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Apnea course Help please.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Danny.c

Jan 23, 2015
Today I started looking into free diving apnea courses ,I tried to look into Aida(not sure what it really is) but there is nothing really for it in Australia,there are no course dates, phone numbers or prices I could find and there web site wanted me the register before giving me any info, But I did found this.
http://www.apneaaustralia.com.au/
Apnea Australia:home.

So will this be just as good or equal to aida-(what ever that is)
Could some one check it out for me please cause I don't know what I am doing ;)
I want to take free diving to my limits and get certified as such if that is possible.
I don't know anything about this stuff.
suggestions will be much appreciated
Cheers Dan.

Today I started looking into free diving apnea courses ,I tried to look into Aida(not sure what it really is) but there is nothing really for it in Australia,there are no course dates, phone numbers or prices I could find and there web site wanted me the register before giving me any info, But I did found this.
http://www.apneaaustralia.com.au/
Apnea Australia:home.

So will this be just as good or equal to aida-(what ever that is)
Could some one check it out for me please cause I don't know what I am doing ;)
I want to take free diving to my limits and get certified as such if that is possible.
I don't know anything about this stuff.
suggestions will be much appreciated
Cheers Dan.

Hi Dan
I'd suggest you get hold of Joe Knight from One Ocean International, http://oneoceaninternational.org/contact-us/. He's an Apnea Academy instructor and a true waterman.
Good luck and enjoy the blue!

Reactions: Danny.c
Thanks for the tip Mr GTM,Not sure if they do QLD ,his about 6000km from were I live :).I will give them a call.

Hi Danny, where in QLD are you located? I am an AIDA instructor in Brisbane but i'm on a bit of a hiatus at the moment. I know most of the instructors around though and could point you in the right direction. Apnea Australia courses are very good, I train with a couple of their instructors and the courses seem as good as you would need. But, freedive courses are very very dependant on the quality of the instructor and all agencies can be a bit hit and miss.

Cheers,
Ben

Hi Danny, where in QLD are you located? I am an AIDA instructor in Brisbane but i'm on a bit of a hiatus at the moment. I know most of the instructors around though and could point you in the right direction. Apnea Australia courses are very good, I train with a couple of their instructors and the courses seem as good as you would need. But, freedive courses are very very dependant on the quality of the instructor and all agencies can be a bit hit and miss.

Cheers,
Ben
Hi mate that's great.I am on the sunny coast.When you have time ,throw me some names and numbers would be much appreciated .I have some static apnea experience ,even though I had been leaning from youtube ,its better than nothing but I am ready for the next levels yewww.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT